As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Audio CD Burning Issues

StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've got a Lite-On LTR-52327S

Here's the issue.

Everything burns, and according to my PC it has burnt fine. But when I play the CD there are random jumps in the music. It's not skips, it's like a piece of data was overlooked when it was burnt. It happens at random points on any CD (I tried reburning and there are the same sort of jumps just in different places).

I'm guessing this is a driver issue, but I have no idea where to find updated drivers.

I'm using Nero 7 Permium.

I tried burning slower, even the slowest, didn't fix anything.

So that's the first issue. Here's a new one.

I'm trying to make a CD. And it's telling me that this one file, (that seems to be exactly the same as the others in the folder, (all mp3)) could not be added, and it may be possible to add if "A dedicated plugin is installed."

WTF?

Edit: The burner is a couple years old, but not damaged physically in any way so I don't see how that could be an issue.

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
Staleghoti on

• Options
    KoekjesKoekjes Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Here is the support page for your drive on the Lite-On website.

http://us.liteonit.com/us/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=153

Download the latest firmware version and install it. Try your burn again. There have been a few times when I've tried to rip a disc only to have it fail. Once I updated the firmware everything went smoothly.

Koekjes on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Okay, so I did that...

It said I had the most recent one but I did it anyway and burnt a CD. And Honestly it worked... then the next CD I burnt had the same issue... but maybe I'm retarded. Any other things that could be causing this?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.