As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[College Basketball] Where's the love? New Top 25! [1/23]

WBM99WBM99 Austin, TXRegistered User regular
edited January 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
I didn't see any College Basketball thread so I decided to start one. If there is one, I'll delete this and we can carry the discussion in to the current one.

1 Kentucky
2 Missouri
3 Syracuse
4 Ohio State
5 Kansas
6 Baylor
7 North Carolina
8 Duke
9 Georgetown
10 Michigan State
11 Murray State
12 UNLV
13 San Diego State
14 Florida
15 Creighton
16 Indiana
17 Marquette
18 Mississippi State
19 Virginia
20 Michigan
21 Saint Mary's
22 Kansas State
23 Florida State
24 Connecticut
25 Wisconsin

What's the opinion? Duke didn't fall to far after that loss to Florida State.

My Jayhawks are in the top 5 during a supposed "rebuilding year" which makes me very happy. Everything except that nasty Davidson loss (which I unfortunately attended). And I'll be going to the KU vs. Texas A&M game tonight to witness some awesome basketball at the Phog. Incidentally, my first game ever at the Phog and I'm a senior at KU. Lame, I know.

PSN: wbm99
WBM99 on

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The Big Ten is brutal this year. There are nine good teams, a wildcard that is hilariously inconsistent (Iowa), and Penn State/Nebraska, and even they're dangerous at home. Hoping to get a bye and a 5/6 seed in the tournament.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I haven't seen a lot out of Nebraska, to be honest, but the Big 10 is very strong. I saw a picture the other day of all of the teams in a circle showing that every team had beaten the previous team but lost to the next one. A lot of parity in that league.

But of course, I'm partial to the Big 12. We have three pretty genuine top 5 teams contenders.

• Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The Big Ten is brutal this year. There are nine good teams, a wildcard that is hilariously inconsistent (Iowa), and Penn State/Nebraska, and even they're dangerous at home. Hoping to get a bye and a 5/6 seed in the tournament.

The Big Ten is brutally good.

The Pac 12 is brutally awful. I say the Pac should give up its automatic NCAA berth to a mid-major. The preseason favorite was who, Washington? They lost to St Louis and South Dakota State.

Colorado was already mediocre last year, failing to get into the tourney. But they went from being guppies in the Big 12 to sharks in the Pac 12, despite losing their 4 top scorers from last season.

USC basketball I don't want to even think about. I'll just say this - we lost at home to New Mexico, in a game where New Mexico did not make a shot in the final 14 minutes of the game.

And now the Pac is going to start a conference-wide challenge against the Big Ten? The Pac is going to get slaughtered. There's not a single Pac team better than Indiana, and Indiana is 7th in the Big Ten. The only way that could be more lopsided would be if the Pac challenged the Big Ten in hockey.

BubbaT on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    BubbaT wrote:

The Big Ten is brutally good.

The Pac 12 is brutally awful. I say the Pac should give up its automatic NCAA berth to a mid-major. The preseason favorite was who, Washington? They lost to St Louis and South Dakota State.

Colorado was already mediocre last year, failing to get into the tourney. But they went from being guppies in the Big 12 to sharks in the Pac 12, despite losing their 4 top scorers from last season.

USC basketball I don't want to even think about. I'll just say this - we lost at home to New Mexico, in a game where New Mexico did not make a shot in the final 14 minutes of the game.

And now the Pac is going to start a conference-wide challenge against the Big Ten? The Pac is going to get slaughtered. There's not a single Pac team better than Indiana, and Indiana is 7th in the Big Ten. The only way that could be more lopsided would be if the Pac challenged the Big Ten in hockey.

Well, softball, but the other way around. Michigan might win, everyone else in the Big Ten would be crushed.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    I watched the KU vs. USC game. It was...harsh to say the least.