As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Checkpoint Season 1, Ep. 37 - Survey Says!

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited January 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I don't agree with Graham about "If I want to play PC games, I'll buy a PC". That's like arguing that PCs should not be able to run videogames because if I want to play videogames I will go to an arcade hall. Inventors should be encouraged to push the limits of new hardware, that's how we managed to get cool stuff in the past.

I'm the kind of person who played Pac Man on his Casio calculator (32kb version!)

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Aldo wrote:
    I don't agree with Graham about "If I want to play PC games, I'll buy a PC". That's like arguing that PCs should not be able to run videogames because if I want to play videogames I will go to an arcade hall. Inventors should be encouraged to push the limits of new hardware, that's how we managed to get cool stuff in the past.

I'm the kind of person who played Pac Man on his Casio calculator (32kb version!)

Agreed.

Also: you haven't lived until you've hand-coded lunar lander on a TI-82.

Edit: Did anyone else get creeped out by a US Navy ad before Checkpoint (or any other PATV offering)? I mean... "life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it" followed by a global map straight out of WarGames is just unsettling.

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    AurichAurich ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Tleilaxu wrote:
    Edit: Did anyone else get creeped out by a US Navy ad before Checkpoint (or any other PATV offering)? I mean... "life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it" followed by a global map straight out of WarGames is just unsettling.

Enh, the Navy is the new Air Force in terms of service for peoples who don't want to get shot at. They need to push a tougher image. I tell ya though, for a service that's at something insane like 98% reenlistment, paying for ad space is a strange move. Once you get to that recruiting office they're going to put you on a waiting list a year or more long.

Oh yeah, on-topic edit: Those cheaters are amazingly forthcoming with their personal information. So, at least 4% of popcap gamers cheat on their partners. Wow.

Aurich on
  • Options
    Unaccounted4Unaccounted4 Registered User new member
    I'm sorry, but I had to:
    funny-images-216-600x420.jpg