As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cloud Phones?

ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
Anyone have any experience with a cloud-ified phone system? Company is about ~20 people.

Pros/Cons

ToddJewell on

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Are we talking IP phones, smartphones hooked up to cloud storage? I've done a fair share of both.

• Options
    ToddJewellToddJewell Registered User regular
    IP phones but with server in cloud. We are trying to get rid of hosting all of our own crap. I already took my half of the company to an offsite data center and our email is clouded. We would like to take the phone system and have it in the cloud as well.

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The main con is if your ISP has downtime you don't have voice. We host our own PBX and buy SIP trunking (VoIP dialtone) from a provider. We're still in beta, so we haven't ported over our number. We're going to have to upgrade our switches to those that are VLAN aware and do QoS to prioritize voice over data. The high-efficiency codecs sound like crap, so you'll probably need to budget 64 kbps per active line.

Djeet on