Options

Can anyone help walk me through all the Hulk books I've missed?

Mr. StrangeMr. Strange Registered User regular
edited February 2012 in Graphic Violence
I'm a pretty hard-core Hulk collector - I've been collecting Hulk for more than 20 years, and have almost every issue of the main series.

Unfortunately, the last 2 years have been a bit rough financially, so I had to cancel my long-running box at the local comic shop. This was right at the start of the Red Hulk series, which I of course was picking up.

Anyway, I've been grabbing issues here and there for the past 2 years, but haven't actually read them, because I'm afraid that I'm missing some. Was Fall of the Hulks a separate series I should have picked up? Did I need any issues of Incredible Hercules to follow storylines started in World War Hulk? What the heck is the name of the main series anymore? Is it Incredible Hulks plural? Has it changed more than once? Are there she-Hulk books again?

I'm pretty out of the loop, and I'd rather get some direction from a fan than from someone at a shop who wants to sell me only what they have in stock at the time.

So - what should I have on hand before I start to catch up?

tl;dr - I want a list of all the relevant hulk comics from the past ~2 years.

Mr. Strange on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's really only two Hulk books, regular Hulk and Incredible Hulk. Incredible Hulk became Incredible Hulks from issues 612-635, but it's back to Incredible Hulk now with Jason Aaron taking over the title.

Fall of the Hulks wasn't a separate series, just a crossover between the Hulk family titles. There was a Skaar: Son of Hulk series and a Savage She-Hulks series going on at the time, but they're cancelled now. Incredible Hercules didn't tie in to them at all, as far as I know.

Okay, so World War Hulk ended in January 2008 with Incredible Hulk #113. The same month, Hulk #1 launched, introducing Red Hulk. Hulk was the only Hulk book from issues 1-12 until July 2009 when Incredible Hulk was relaunched with issue #600, which featured Red Hulk. However, Incredible Hulk #601-605 and Hulk #13-17 are completely separate storylines. In January 2010, Fall of the Hulks started, and crossed over Hulk from issues 18-21 and Incredible Hulks 606-608. Then they immediately started World War Hulks, which was issues 22-24 and 609-611, respectively. From there they split again, with Greg Pak taking over Incredible Hulks from issues 612-635 and Jeff Parker taking over Hulk from issue 25 ongoing. Recently, Incredible Hulk was restarted with Jason Aaron and a new #1 back in October.

Hope that helps!

• Options
    Mr. StrangeMr. Strange Registered User regular
    Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    No problem! Glad I could help!