As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Unofficial L.o.L. Meet-ups

Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie MaydinRuneterraRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
And by "official" I mean a community organized event, no direct participation planned by Riot. (Though you guys really should stop by!)

Come meet and great with your fellow Summoners! swap names and finally have a decent group of people to play with and avoid those PUG pox!
Discuss the latest metas, set up some matches for the PC play area and enjoy geeking out in general!

We will be meeting twice:

1st Meet-up:
Will be at 2:00pm on Saturday in the Table-top play area. I hear this area is big enough for an impromptu meet-up without causing a disruption.

2nd Meet-up:
Will be a post-Pax dinner at Maluken Sunday Evening. Cocktails start at 7:30 and Diner will be ordered around 8:00pm. Check out their menu and coordinate groups of 4 or 5 for them best deals. (Their giant sushi platters split well and Foodler has coupons for a free roll of sushi with an order over $25) This restaurant is at 645 Beacon St Boston, MA 02215 with the Boston Hotel Buckminster.

Directions:
- From the Convention center get to south station. (This is a 0.7 mile walk Northwest down Summer street)
- Take the Red line towards Alewife to Park street
- Switch to the Green line, Any Outbound train EXCEPT an E (Heath St) Train will do.
- Debark at Kenmore Station Walk West along Commonwealth Ave you'll almost immediately come to an intersection. Continue west across on it to Beacon Street.

The Hotel/Restaurant is all of 600 feet from Kenmore. Total trip time is about 45 minutes counting on short (5min) waits for trains.

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    agqagq Registered User regular
    sounds good ill be there

• Options
    Magpie MaydinMagpie Maydin Magpie Maydin RuneterraRegistered User regular
    So this is it; the Home Stretch! Can some one give me a shade of advice? Will it be critical to call the restaurant ahead of time? I'm thinking maybe get an idea of how big our crowd is on Saturday and then "warn" them we'll be coming Sunday?

Also: are there 3 or 4 "buddies" who will go in with me on a sushi platter? Split 4 ways the price is unbeatable for 10-15 pieces of sushi...

• Options
    maryboo247maryboo247 Registered User regular
    I could eat 15 pieces of sushi by myself- especially after walking around all day!

• Options
    Agreed! But for example the vegetarian platter is $44 (including 7% tax and ~20% tip) for 88 pieces; This means that for splitters it's $0.50 a piece for Vegi-Sushi.

There is also a "proper" sushi platter that is $114 (including 7% Tax and 20% Tip) for 114 pieces. For people splitting it, that's $1 a piece.

Any takers?

• Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    I'm down for the 1st meetup, since it's my first time to PAX i'll try to find my way to the Table-top play area, hope to see you guys there! =P

don't think I can make it to sushi =(

• Options
    SO I JUST NOW noticed that a League of legends tournament STARTS at 2pm on saturdaythe at the PC tourney area.

Therefore we will be migrating at 2:30 to the tournament to cheer on our fellow geeks!