As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GTX 570 screws are stripped, basically made of plastic

No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTEDRegistered User regular
So, trying to put on a cooler master twin turbo on my gtx 570, problem is that I can't get the screws for the face plate off, the ones on the back for the heatsink/fan are fine, but nothing I tried to get the face plate screws off has worked yet. Rubber band, freezing them with upside down canned air, even got a grabit, which isn't working too hot on the one I'm trying it on.

Basically an hour away from trying to get a refund/rma. Any last ditch ideas?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
sirtoons.png
No Great Name on

• Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    So, trying to put on a cooler master twin turbo on my gtx 570, problem is that I can't get the screws for the face plate off, the ones on the back for the heatsink/fan are fine, but nothing I tried to get the face plate screws off has worked yet. Rubber band, freezing them with upside down canned air, even got a grabit, which isn't working too hot on the one I'm trying it on.

Basically an hour away from trying to get a refund/rma. Any last ditch ideas?

Can you take a picture of what you're looking at?

And good luck RMAing the card at this point. If a heatsink came loose after you unscrewed them, it'll be tough to get back on, not to mention if they look at it close enough they'll be able to tell you messed with the card.