Options

Computer Start Up Errors

Sci-Fi WasabiSci-Fi Wasabi Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Alright.

Windows XP Professional SP2. Fully Updated on Windows Update in every possible way.
AVG Anti-Virus. New Definitions were downloaded before I ever connected to the internet.
Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot S&D. They don't detect anything suspicious at all.

Ok. I reformatted and reinstalled windows a week ago because I got strange start up errors when logging into windows. First, where the login screen usually is, I'd get an lsass.exe error. Then it would restart and I would be able to use my computer like normal. Usually a few programs would error out and I'd have to restart those. I got very sick and tired of the process and nuked it.

Figuring it was some weird-ass virus, I fully updated windows and my anti virus before I ever connected online. And prior to today, everything was peachy.

Now it's happening again and I'm fuming. Here is the exact error I got today on start up.

"-LSASS.EXE ENTRY POINT NOT FOUND-"

"The procedure entry point 'MesIncrementalHandleReset' could not be located in the dynamic link library RPCRT4.dll."

From there either the computer restarts or I have a mouse cursor on a blank screen and have to hard reset. This really sucks, I put a lot of work into safeguarding my computer. Help me out, H/A!

sci+fi+wasabi.png
Sci-Fi Wasabi on