As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mac Update problem

Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Whenever I start my machine I get a message from SuperDive Update that says, No divices were found that require this update.

Is there a way to stop this error message from appearing every time I start my machine?

Im using a MacBook (With a SuperDrive) with OS X v. 10.4.10

signaturebighe7.jpg
Akilae729 on

• Options
    VulpineVulpine Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Go to System Preferences, then Accounts, and choose your username from the list on the left. Click on "Login items", and you'll see all the applications set to launch when you login. If the updater's found its way onto that list, click on it then the minus sign beneath the list to remove it. (This won't delete the updater, merely prevent it from loading each login)

If it's not on that list, then I'm not sure what to do next.

Vulpine on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vulpine wrote: »
    Go to System Preferences, then Accounts, and choose your username from the list on the left. Click on "Login items", and you'll see all the applications set to launch when you login. If the updater's found its way onto that list, click on it then the minus sign beneath the list to remove it. (This won't delete the updater, merely prevent it from loading each login)

If it's not on that list, then I'm not sure what to do next.

Would this keep it from opening it up if i actually needed an update?

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    CKyleCKyle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I believe that program was supposed to be run once after downloading it using the normal Software Update program. If your Superdrive needs updated again, they'll probably just offer a new version of the superdrive program over Software Update.

CKyle on