As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where can I find this?

plantersplanters Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently reformatted my PC back to XP, and I didn't have any drivers cause the computer wasn't mine, anyway I got a PCI network card, it's installed and everything but, in device manager it says that there's no drivers installed for the "PCI simple communications controller" where would I find this driver? (I went to intel support and download all the other drivers I needed I thought the chipset software installation would take care of that but it didn't, this is my motherboard according to EVEREST.

Motherboard Name Intel Coryville D945GCL

planters on

• Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Best place to look is the website for the PCI network card itself.

Aurin on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, the error message seems to be talking about your PCI network card, not the PCI bus itself. If you have any other PCI devices plugged in and working, that should tell you something.

whuppins on
  • Options
    plantersplanters Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alright I got the network card to work but the PCI bus is still missing drivers according to device manager, is this going to cause a problem later on when I get a graphics card? Cause if everything works fine but it says that there are missing drivers still then I don't really care.

planters on
  • Options
    SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have the same thing as you, it's been like 5 months and I've had no problems.

(I have a graphics card and network card, so not sure what's wrong but hey, no adverse effects is fine with me)

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif