As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MS Word Page Numbering

MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Does anyone know how to make Word count two separate numbers?

Like, for example, from page 1-5, it should count i, ii, iii, iv. It should skip page 6, and then from 7 till the end of the document it should start counting 1, 2, 3, 4...

I managed to get it to count in roman and arabic numbers by using page breaks, but my document ends up looking like i, ii, iii, iv, 5, 6, 7, 8... which is not quite what I want.

This document is really big, so I wouldnt want to have to break it up into a new document for every time the page numbering system changes.

MagicToaster on

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have you tried breaking the document into sections?

If you create a section for pgs1-6, put the page numbers you want, then make a new section for 7, then for 8-X, that should do it.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    See I tried this, but my pages end up looking like

i, ii, iii, iv, then in section 2, instead of starting out fresh it picks up where the last roman number left off: 5, 6, 7, 8...

If I could make the second section start 1, 2, 3, my butt would be saved.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's possible it's laid out differently in the PC version, but in the Mac version if you go "Insert" -> "Page Numbers..." and click on the "Format..." button, there's two radio buttons at the bottom labeled "Continue from previous section" and "Start at:" with a text field after it. That second one is what you want.

Smasher on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dude, YES!!!! I love you!

MagicToaster on