As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What are the odds of my life becoming like the movie "Knocked up?"

eltsianeltsian Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Apart from the fact that I used a comedy movie in the title, nothing about this is funny right now, but i'm hoping I'll feel better after I get some advice.

A few days ago, I ended up having hooking-up with a friends roommate. The big problem that occured from this, and there are a few, is that we were both extremely drunk (I should've known better but we're attracted to each other and things happened). Well we fooled around and ended up having sex. Luckily I did use a condom, but the thing is...I don't really remembering finishing. I just remember getting dressed and having a smoke. I don't believe I orgasmed, but if I did, i'm concerned if I continued and maybe broke the condom (i don't know how much they can take).

This next part might be kind of gross but please bear with me.

My friends say not to worry because according to them, I would remember finishing and most likely we just stopped because we were too drunk to enjoy it. That and that she was having her period at the time. Also, they say that because I had pretty bad blue ball (It took some effort to pee the next day) that I most likely didn't orgasm.

I don't even know if the girl is on birth control and I feel like a complete idiot right now. I have that knot in your stomach that come when you worry about something too much but i'd rather ask some people who most likely, would be more knowledgable about such things. At least more than my roommate who's birth control method is pulling out.

eltsian on

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    She was having her period at the time?

I might be wrong, but I believe that there is zero chance of her becoming pregnant while on her period.

Also: stop freaking out. You got laid. You should be feeling great.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd give 40 to 1 that it should be cool.

Y'know why people stop drinking like retards whien they get older? Mostly cuz of all the retarded things they've done while drunk. Yer thinking about what it would be like to be that guy. dude, dont be that guy.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I might be wrong, but I believe that there is zero chance of her becoming pregnant while on her period.

Yep, quite wrong. More unlikely, true, but not impossible. Always wear the proper safety equiptment.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, you had sex with a condom, and you're not even sure whether or not you actually orgasmed, but you're afraid she might be pregnant...

I mean, really, at that point you're talking about practically an immaculate conception.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah I know I shouldn't be freaking out. I'm just afraid this is gonna be the point where all my bad karma decides to do a little payback. My biggest concern is if I did orgasm and decided to keep going for any amount of time. That can't be a good idea in any way shape or form.

eltsian on
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    So, you had sex with a condom, and you're not even sure whether or not you actually orgasmed, but you're afraid she might be pregnant...

I mean, really, at that point you're talking about practically an immaculate conception.

I guess at this point you should be asking yourself how much of a true believer you are?

Cause you really have nothing to worry about. stop worrying. Look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that there is nothing to worry about.

Al_wat on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    eltsian wrote: »
    Yeah I know I shouldn't be freaking out. I'm just afraid this is gonna be the point where all my bad karma decides to do a little payback. My biggest concern is if I did orgasm and decided to keep going for any amount of time. That can't be a good idea in any way shape or form.
    You were wearing a condom. This is to say nothing of the fact that she was also on her period, which reduces chances of conception even further.

Assuming you know how to put on a condom, over the course of a year of regular sex, you're talking, like, 98% success rate. The odds of her getting pregnant while on her period while having protected sex with a condom, and you may not have even orgasmed...

I mean, really, this is like worrying that maybe she got pregnant from oral sex.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Well I didn't have a dream about Gabriel coming down and telling me "Hey guess what you're gonna be doing for a while!"

I think I should just be straight up and just ask if shes on the pill or anything like that, maybe that will calm me down a bit.

Yeah not gonna drink again for a while, too afraid of being that guy.

eltsian on
  • Options
    j 2 teh zillaj 2 teh zilla Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Drunken sex is awesome...do you really want to give it up? Everyone is being very mature about this; that's why I like these forums. For a bunch of gamers discourse tends to be on the mature side. Anyway this thread made me laugh out loud and I had to post and apologize for laughing at your stress and discomfort.

P.S. On the rare off chance that you put a bun in her oven, here is a tip...stress her out, a lot. This could lead to her body naturally aborting your little concoction. I sound like such a dirtbag. :( Anyway your roomate's method is commonly referred to as "spray and pray."

j 2 teh zilla on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's good that you're being responsible about this, but if you wore a rubber, she was having her time (good job on manning up), and you might not have blown your load, then you're probably in the clear.

I've had that happen to me where I was hooking up with a chick and I just couldn't get off. It was a lot of fun, but I just couldn't finish.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drunken sex is awesome...do you really want to give it up? Everyone is being very mature about this; that's why I like these forums. For a bunch of gamers discourse tends to be on the mature side. Anyway this thread made me laugh out loud and I had to post and apologize for laughing at your stress and discomfort.

P.S. On the rare off chance that you put a bun in her oven, here is a tip...stress her out, a lot. This could lead to her body naturally aborting your little concoction. I sound like such a dirtbag. :( Anyway your roomate's method is commonly referred to as "spray and pray."

That is absolutely horrible advice. I would hope that any reasonable person would know better.

To the OP. If you wore a condom, she was on her period, and you didn't even orgasm....the chances of her being pregnant are most likely down into the hundreths of a percent. What happened to the condom you were wearing? Unless it evaporated off your penis you should have been able to get a pretty good indication if it broke or not.

Marathon on
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Thats because you are, don't worry.

Seriously, dude, think about what you just said

"Stress her out so much that she has a miscarriage"

Okay? Thats one step below "Kick her in the stomach with a steel toed boot"

CangoFett on
  • Options
    ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CangoFett wrote: »

Depending on what he means by "stress," it may actually be kicking her in the stomach with a steel toed boot. I mean, if I was kicked with a steel toed boot in the stomach, I'd be pretty stressed out.

Also, on the subject of Knocked Up, why couldn't the pregnant girl get an abortion? Random drunk sex getting you pregnant? Sounds like the perfect instance for an abortion.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • Options
    CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Some people have moral stances against abortion, even if the pregnancy was due to something like random drunken sex.

However, 2 things can be safely said in this thread

1)j 2 teh zilla should be banned

2)I will eat my fist if this girl is pregnant.

CangoFett on
  • Options
    Brett AshleyBrett Ashley Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Argus wrote: »

Depending on what he means by "stress," it may actually be kicking her in the stomach with a steel toed boot. I mean, if I was kicked with a steel toed boot in the stomach, I'd be pretty stressed out.

From a female point of view:
    Yea, horrible advice. Don't follow it. Would make you feel like an asshole and make her even more worried and pissed off at you.

If you're truly worried about this, ask her how she feels and then see if she feels she needs to take a pregnancy test. Sex on your period, typically does have a lower chance of getting pregnant, yet it CAN still occur. So talk to her about it first, then go from there.

Brett Ashley on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Yea, horrible advice. Don't follow it. Would make you feel like an asshole and make her even more worried and pissed off at you.

If you're truly worried about this, ask her how she feels and then see if she feels she needs to take a pregnancy test. Sex on your period, typically does have a lower chance of getting pregnant, yet it CAN still occur. So talk to her about it first, then go from there.

Yeah i'm going to talk to her tomarrow after she's done with work. If she is on some type of birth control I can relax a lot more than I am now. The huge variable here is "If I did orgasm, did I keep going like some idiot?" If anybody knows how much stress a condom could take after that I would be grateful for the info. And yeah i'm not the biggest believe in abortion except in certain cases. Me being a dumbass isn't one of them, but i do realize that it is an option that people have.

eltsian on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Durability depends on brand and material... was this a nice $2 rubber you'd been saving for a special occasion, or a convenience store cheapie?

Even if it wasn't a study condom, keep in mind that they're engineered to tolerate sustained friction, hard climaxes, and even being over-stretched by guys who should be using magnums. You can even blow the fucking things up like balloons. They're tough.

It doesn't sound like anything you did would have been especially rough on the condom. If you were on here talking about the longest, hardest orgasm of your life, then going on for another 10 minutes with the same wrapper on, then yeah, I'd say "maybe that was a bad idea", but from what you've said, it doesn't seem too likely you were going at it all that long. Going on after you climax isn't *great* for a condom's survival rate, but as it stands, I'd be shocked if you broke it.

I cringe as I write this, but why don't you just check the wastebasket and see if the condom is in one piece? >_>

wasted pixels on
  • Options
    cuntstarrunnercuntstarrunner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree with pixels. If you can check to condom to help put your self at ease. Otherwise, I know its gross, but see what stage she was at in her period. If she was just starting there was way less chance of being preggers depending on her cycle. Also even if she wasn't on her period and you did blow your load there is still a very very good chance that you didn't get her pregnant. Couples try for months with out getting pregnant. I'm very sure (99.7%) that you are in the clear.

cuntstarrunner on
  • Options
    FawkesFawkes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah i'm going to talk to her tomarrow after she's done with work. If she is on some type of birth control I can relax a lot more than I am now. The huge variable here is "If I did orgasm, did I keep going like some idiot?" If anybody knows how much stress a condom could take after that I would be grateful for the info. And yeah i'm not the biggest believe in abortion except in certain cases. Me being a dumbass isn't one of them, but i do realize that it is an option that people have.

No, the huge variable here is "If I did orgasm, did I keep posting on PA wondering if I got her pregnant like some idiot"?

About 50 people, give or take, have told you that you are 99.999999999% fine. I'll go one better and say that the 0.0000000001% isn't going to happen either. You don't even know if you came, and circumstancial evidence suggests that you didn't; you were wearing a condom; chances of conception from sleeping together once are extremely low as it is; chances of conception while she is on her period are negligable unless you have upgraded your semen to super-long-lasting extra-life-value-pack sperm.

If you want to know how much stress a condom can take, go buy some, fill them up with water, then use it as a water bomb. Generally 1/2 to 1/3 of them will take more than one go to explode. That's filled up with water. Being thrown on the ground. Unless you produce litres of the stuff and go at it with the power of a pneumatic drill, IT DID NOT BREAK! This, apparently, is surprising, because it's not like condoms are made to withstand someone using them as a contraceptive.

You sound like you have been listening to too much of the Catholic Church Handbook on Condoms, and not enough reality. You are fine, she is not pregnant, the condom did not break, and you can confront her if you really like, but why not just stop being paranoid and save both yourself & the girl a deeply awkward conversation.

Also, since you haven't accepted any of the facts people have told you here, why do you think her telling you that she is on the pill is going to make you feel any better? Just get a grip and stop worrying.

Fawkes on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I concur with this.

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007

Yeah i'm going to talk to her tomarrow after she's done with work. If she is on some type of birth control I can relax a lot more than I am now. The huge variable here is "If I did orgasm, did I keep going like some idiot?"

Wait

what?

Okay that aside this is fucking silly. She's not pregnant. If you can scan and PM me proof that you knocked her up, I'll buy you a fucking pony. It's not going to happen. If you refuse to ignore the advice being given here there's nothing this forum or any other can do for you, and I'm locking this because let's face it, you're only hearing what you want to hear anyhow. Find somewhere else to look for justification for your paranoias.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
This discussion has been closed.