As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid monitor issue

redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfixRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
So, I have a new Samsung SyncMaster 225ew (widescreen 22") and for some damned reason, it's not expanding the window to the sides of the screen, leaving a black border all the way around.

It's connected via DVI, and I have a second monitor connected via VGA. The second monitor it working right.

What do I do about this? The auto button just gives me a message "auto adjustment not available"
I have my cards latest drivers (ati radeon 9800 pro).

Halp, gee enn tee.

redfenix on

• Options
    ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    no auto adjust over dvi normally.

Is your graphics card out putting the right resolution for the screen?

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not getting any hits for that model number, but I suspect you aren't actually displaying the full native resolution of the monitor. My 15" laptop displays at 1440x960 while most 22" monitors I know of run at 1680x1050.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    dur hur, it's 225bw Also, i figured it out, but I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. I screwed around with a program called "Magic Tune" that came with the monitor disk, and something fixed it.

woo?

redfenix on
  • Options
    freshmasterfreshfreshmasterfresh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It probably just set the computer to display at the monitor's native resolution of 1680x1050.

EDIT: so in conclusion, woo.

freshmasterfresh on
    happysig.png