As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Norway

DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently came across the opportunity to go to a part of the world I've always wanted to see: Northern Europe.

I plan on having about a week and a half in Norway, with the possibility of splitting that and going to Sweden as well. Before I get there, I'll be staying for a few days in Iceland.

My current plan is to go to Bergen, then Oslo. What are some must-see things in those areas? Is there somewhere I should go instead?

Doc on

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How much time will you have for travel? Going out into the middle of nowhere can be pretty incredible in Norway, but obviously takes a fair chunk of time and some extra money.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    EggyToast wrote: »
    How much time will you have for travel? Going out into the middle of nowhere can be pretty incredible in Norway, but obviously takes a fair chunk of time and some extra money.

I'll be going for the first half of September. I plan on spending at least three days in Iceland, so let's say 13 days.

Doc on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fuck, I wish I could remember a name or a website or something, but my brother-in-law was stationed in Norway for a time and he's always telling us that we have to go, because the national park system is fantastic. Apparently they have a really great wilderness trail system (easy hiking, no gear needed) and have set up cabins at specific intervals. Totally free, little or no signups needed, just hike as far as you can go for a spell and then find the nearest cabin and hunker down. It sounds like a lot of fun, and it's all completely free, maintained by federal funding. I think he says they even stock them with basic food and supplies.

Wish I could remember the area that the trail system was based in. If it comes to me I'll post again.

whuppins on