As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wells Fargo won't leave me alone..

Zul the ConquerorZul the Conqueror Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
About four years ago I had a Wells Fargo credit card. I canceled the account probably two years ago, because I never used it any longer, etc etc. I still get monthly emails saying "This notice is being sent per your alerts request and does not reflect any payments...." blah blah blah. I have called their customer service multiple times over the years, and always get a runaround. Customer Service transfers me to their Web people who transfer me back, or tell me they've fixed it, or whatever.

At this point I'm sick and tired of getting these emails. Maybe I could block them, but sort of on the principle of the thing I want to make them stop sending them at all. I figure my best bet at this point is to start making some sort of threatening noises about better business bureaus or federal trade commissions or something. Thing is, I don't know precisely what my rights are to make said threats sound convincing.

So, summary and TLDR:
What action can I realistically threaten Wells Fargo with to make them stop sending me emails reminding me that payment is due on my long-canceled credit card account?

Zul the Conqueror on

• Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    The path of least resistance is to set up a message rule specifically devoted to Wells Fargo to delete the messages while they remain unread. You'll never see them again and you'll never waste another minute on the phone with them.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »
    The path of least resistance is to set up a message rule specifically devoted to Wells Fargo to delete the messages while they remain unread. You'll never see them again and you'll never waste another minute on the phone with them.

This is your best bet. Just be glad they're harassing you with emails instead of with phone calls.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DrDizaster wrote: »

This is your best bet. Just be glad they're harassing you with emails instead of with phone calls.

and that they're just annoyances and not bill collection notices.

Raere on
    Raere.png