As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

help me with my Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote

MuragoMurago Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok, so i just got an xbox 360 elite and the dvd playback remote for 20 bucks. I synced the tv with it, and the volume and power works fine. And when i press the big X button that the top it pulls out the xbox profile. but it doesn't do anything else. It doesn't let me pause or play or rewind and FF. i called xbox customer service and that guy gave me a load of beans saying it only works with the Xbox HD DVD player....FUCK THAT. That's bullshit. It doesn't say that on the manual or the box itself, and i know for a fact it works b/c i bought one for a friend for christmas, and it worked find on his xbox core.

anyway, any tips would be very much appreciated!

Check out www.myspace.com/scarborough -- tell me what you think!
Murago on

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Murago wrote: »
    Ok, so i just got an xbox 360 elite and the dvd playback remote for 20 bucks. I synced the tv with it, and the volume and power works fine. And when i press the big X button that the top it pulls out the xbox profile. but it doesn't do anything else. It doesn't let me pause or play or rewind and FF. i called xbox customer service and that guy gave me a load of beans saying it only works with the Xbox HD DVD player....FUCK THAT. That's bullshit. It doesn't say that on the manual or the box itself, and i know for a fact it works b/c i bought one for a friend for christmas, and it worked find on his xbox core.

anyway, any tips would be very much appreciated!

Hmm. Check to see that you're on the right device (remotes will switch device modes), and that you have the remote setting on the 360 set properly.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you have the same remote I have, you have to push the TV button to get it to change device. Red lit and it's controlling the TV. Green lit and it's the xbox. Mine came with the HD DVD player though so ymmv

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    MuragoMurago Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'll try that, cuz i remember pressing TV a couple times, and never pressing it again. the remote lights up in green though, so according to what you're saying, its working for the xbox... *shrug* Good news is that i set up media center though, and it is fucking sweet.

Murago on
    Check out www.myspace.com/scarborough -- tell me what you think!