As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MD/VA/DC]MAGFest 11, January 3-6, 2013. Yuzo Koshiro to perform!

NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in PAX General Discussion
Hey PAXers! You might remember me and the rest of the MAGFest crew as the people who run the Jamspace at PAX east and prime. What you might not know is that MAGFest is an event of it's own right next to Washington, DC! Going into its 11th year, the Music And Gaming Festival will be Jan 3-6 in National Harbor, MD, and we're expecting attendance of around 9,000 people this year.

What is MAGFest?
The Music And Gaming Festival is a four day long party devoted to games and game music. We have 38 bands/djs/chiptune artists playing, 200+ arcade machines on freeplay, consoles, PC LAN, tabletop and CCGs, and guests/panels going all weekend! Additional activities include a Demoparty, VG Film Festival, Indie Game Showcase, and the ever famous Jamspace! The best part about it? Everything runs 24 hours a day for all four days.

Why should I go to MAGFest when I can just go to PAX?
MAGFest is a very different event from PAX, so your attendance to each shouldn't be mutually exclusive. What makes MAGFest unique is that it's a completely fan and community run event. There are no corporate sponsors, no crowded showfloors, and no top-secret-behind-closed-doors showings. MAGFest is built from the ground up to be a party-like atmosphere with 100% focus on community and fan creations.

Details
- Dates: Jan 3-6, 2013
- Loacation: Gaylord National Hotel, National Harbor, MD
- Price: $45 to pre-register, $60 at the door (pre-reg here: http://magfest.org/prereg)

Special guests
- Streets of Rage composer Yuzo Koshiro, performing his first ever DJ set in the USA
- Gamegrumps Egoraptor and Jontron
- Castlevania composer Kinuyo Yamashita
- Duke Nukem voice actor Jon St. John
- Turrican Composer Chris Huelsbeck
- many many more

Awesome bands
- Powerglove
- Random AKA Megaran
- The Protomen
- Virt
- Danimal Cannon
- Jesus christ I can't list all 38 of these guys here

2wd3ekk.png

NickTheNewbie on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    So there's no confusion, this is an approved thread.

• Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Is it weird that I had a stray thought this morning to check this forum for this thread, then ask you, Nick, to make one if you hadn't already? :P

Anyway, everybody do yourselves a favor and attend this event. Festival. Giant four-day-straight party. Whatever you wanna call it.
    If any of you PAX-goers miss The OneUps, you should know they're performing here too; among, like Nick said, 38 performing acts.

But for those who can't make it, the PAX Community DVD team will be there in full-swing and we'll have loads of HD concert footage (among other things of course) to throw at you afterward.
    Really though you should just attend. I've had more fun at the one MAGFest I've attended than any of the ten PAX's I've been to.
    Of course that's just me. But it could be you too!

Okay I'll go away now.

NSw0gum.png