Options

Password Manegement

RhinoRhino TheRhinLOLRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Anyone know a good password management program? I have a lot of accounts, website, info that I need to keep track of; but don't want to keep it in a excel or plain text document.

Basically something like a encrypted excel/spreadsheet would be prefect.

I run windows, but bonus points if it runs on teh linux or freebsd and/or open source (so that I can access info from other workstations)

93mb4.jpg
Rhino on

• Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Have you considered a fingerprint reading keyboard? I have all my passwords in my fingertips.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmm, well, if you want really good encryption, you could create a TrueCrypt volume, then store your passwords in a text file inside of that. The nice thing is that TrueCrypt supports Linux and Windows.

If you just want a program to do it, I've used Password Manager XP. However, it's a Windows-only product. It also costs a couple bucks, whereas TrueCrypt is free.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?
  • Options
    Bob SappBob Sapp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I use http://keepass.info/

It's free and Open Source. Official build is Windows, but there are unofficial ports to other platforms on the download page too.

Bob Sapp on
    fizzatar.jpg
  • Options
    CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've used Password Gorilla for quite a while now, and been quite happy with it. The encryption on it is damn good, it's open source (so it's free), and it's cross-platform, which means when I throw it on my flash drive, it'll work on Macs and Linux too.

Cycophant on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    DekuStick wrote: »
    Have you considered a fingerprint reading keyboard? I have all my passwords in my fingertips.

This is so cool, but I'd be worried about the cost. Are there any good cheap solutions that do this?

Sceptre on