Options

Dislcated shoulder... help me heal it!

DockenDocken Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
OK Ladies and Gents of PA, help me fix my shoulder!

Whilst playing football the other day I managed to discloate my shoulder whilst trying to tackle a fairly large receiver (115kgs). I went head into the tackle and basically got a straight shot on my righ shoulder at full speed... unfortunately such a crappy joint isn't meant to take that kind of force and promptly went for the exit out the back of my shoulder socket. Not particularly fun I can assure you (3rd most painful injury I have ever sustained and I have broken a dozen bones and torn 3 ligaments).

Now, after getting to hospital and getting it put back in place (fortunately without surgery), I am faced with the prospect of a long and arduous recovery...

What I want to know is how I should approach this recovery- how long should I leave it to heal, when should I start exercise and what types of exercises should I do? Any nutritional requirements I should be aware of? Basically, what is the most efficient way of healing this shoulder?

Please note I am definately going to see physios/Doctors etc, but I am also interested in hearing from the collective knowledge of PA!

So... what say you?

Docken on

• Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    The doctors, knowing your medical history and the exact nature of the injury will have the best plan for you.

Right now though, I'd probably avoid using it more than you have to, and don't lift anything heavy with it.

FyreWulff on