As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

setting up anti-skating on a Pro-Ject Essential Turntable

YaYaYaYa Decent.Registered User regular
so my girlfriend got me a turntable for Christmas, and her brother had set up most of it, but he either neglected to do the anti-skating or it came loose during me taking it home

I will include photos when I can, but as far as I can tell the way I need to do it is to hook a wire that is bolted to the machine to a specific part of the tone-arm, this is all in the manual. that'd set the weight on the tone-arm. the problem is, I cannot for the life of me work out how to hook the wire. it's shaped like a hook and pretty clearly fits where it needs to fit, but I cannot actually make it happen. am I missing something? I'm wondering if there's a small piece that may gotten lost in transit or something like that.

any help will be appreciated and I'll take some reference pictures when I can

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    the hook should be free of the tonearm and dangle a string and weight - like the image here. is that what you've been going for?

sC4Q4nq.jpg