Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Help with my xbox controller

I'm trying to play a game on my laptop but my xbox controller isn't working period.
When I plug it into my usb ports it lights up for a second but then doesn't work. I installed the drivers and it works on my other computer, I tried all the usb slots as well. I am using windows 7 64 can anyone help?

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is this a wired or wireless controller? If it's wired, then it should just work. However if it's a wireless (and assuming your laptop is running Windows), you need one of these.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SweetJellySweetJelly Registered User
    Druhim wrote: »
    Is this a wired or wireless controller? If it's wired, then it should just work. However if it's a wireless (and assuming your laptop is running Windows), you need one of these.

It is wired

• MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    It possibly could be an issue with your laptop's USB ports not delivering enough current to properly power your controller. Try a powered USB hub if you have one handy.

midshipman.jpg