As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ventrilo cannot contact server

I have used Ventrilo for years for WoW. I recently rebuilt my PC (including the mothebroard) and clean installed WIndows 7.

Today I installed Ventrilo for the first time since that, to connect to the PA vent. It will not connect, but simply says "MSG: Contacting server."

I have rechecked and rentered the vent info 3-4 times now, have reinstalled vent 3-4 times, allowed vent through the firewall, disabled the firewall, opened up the proper ports, and have spent about 2-3 hours searching google, where every thread came up with no solutions that worked for me, or the original posters.

This may be the most annoying, infuriating, yet offensively simple tech problem I have ever had.

I am pleading for any ideas at this point.

steam_sig.png
PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight

• Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    I tried my WoW guild's vent, and it worked.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU OH GOD!

But I still can't get the PA server to work... which means I must be using the wrong information?

steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight