As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

good kid m.a.a.d. city (The Game) What If?

Blu3V3nom07Blu3V3nom07 Registered User new member
So, I promise this is not YouTube spam. But, how legal do you think it would be for Kendrick Lamar to make a m.a.a.d. city game? Ala GTA, but really fudging ghetto. I dunno how violent it would not have to be. Apparently in the album, he rides around in his mom's minivan, and helps steal from some house.
youtube.com/watch?v=10yrPDf92hY

So! What if they were to make a GTA-ish homage, or even something closer to Hotline Miami to cut down on the budget. But.. I mean do y'all wanna see that? Like, do you like the fish-out-of-water story, or do just like to run around and cause havoc in those games, and don't really care about story. I mean realistically, could any type of m.a.a.d. city game, actually come out? Or is the reality that its too close to drugs, violence, and straight robbin', too much to even get anywhere past the FCC. Are GTA and Saint's Row, the only things that can be peeved as legal and distributable-product BECAUSE they're so outlandish? It always seemed that Niko only helped steal, because he was at the wrong place, at the wrong time.

I dunno, I mean, they Could have sections and stuff. GTA Chinatown Wars, has drug hustling all over the city. They could have: sneaking through a warehouse. Acting cool at a stoplight, a swimming pool section, a acting cool with Sherane section? A Master Splinter section!.. I could think of a bunch of stuff, that wouldn't have to cost too much to justify any length and stuff like that. Mm.

I dunno, let me know if you know any indie games, that are almost similar to this idea.
(And yes, I do think this could totally work on PC and Windows Phone.)

• Options
    ociousocious Registered User regular
    San Andreas is Good Kid m.a.a.d. City. Kendrick is from Compton just after Dre and Snoop. That's San Andreas through and through.

Besides, Kendrick doesn't really glorify ghetto living, he raps about how it sucked and wasn't very fun. No options.

Life is a ____ , depending on how you dress her.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    There's not really anything stopping any themes from being made into video games other than what people will buy. There's a John F Kennedy assassination simulator, for example.

• Options
    Blu3V3nom07Blu3V3nom07 Registered User new member
    ocious wrote: »
    San Andreas is Good Kid m.a.a.d. City. Kendrick is from Compton just after Dre and Snoop. That's San Andreas through and through.

Besides, Kendrick doesn't really glorify ghetto living, he raps about how it sucked and wasn't very fun. No options.

Man, but there's more story to Compton that just GTA though. There are some really cool games, that have innovated the industry, like Hotline Miami or Cart Life. Retro City Rampage, etc. These are all takes on GTA, in one way or another. The music is just the direction that justifies the sequences, and (stealth) gameplay a game showcases.