As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
It appears that most avatars aren't loading for me. Some seem to be cached or are properly loading; I can't tell which.

Is anyone else having this?

edit: not happening anymore. Never mind!

MrDelish on

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh, I was going to say it's been happening to me. I assumed it was something related to IE8 and our web proxy at work. It seemed to start on the same day Tube's new look went into effect. Almost all avatars don't load, but some do. Almost all sigs don't load, but some do. It's even inconsistent by source. The DDGamer steam profile sigs that a lot of us use, mine shows up, and few other people's show up. But others don't. I tried clearing my cache, and even tried from a Win 7 PC with IE 10 here, but no dice. But it's probably on my head for foruming at work...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
  • Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Really nothing I can do here. Avatars uploaded to the forums are served from Rackspace's CDN product which is being used by thousands of people. It works. In fact, if it didn't work or worked sporadically, our product wouldn't work either since we store crucial config data on it that, if it failed to load, would break everything.

Sigs are entirely user data and we just display them as-is. Vanilla does 0 interference in their output.

As soon as you said "web proxy at work" it became your problem I'm afraid.

• Options
    Well, at least I can see Tube's. :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yep. Looks like it's stuff from CDN.vanillaforums.com.
    The DDGamer must have been a similar but unrelated thing since it looks like they're all loading now.

steam_sig.png