As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Scribblenauts Unmasked]: includes EVERY DC character. Yes, even that ultra-obscure guy.

cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
So Scribblenauts is doing a DC crossover with Scribblenauts Unmasked. To be honest I wasn't all that excited since we've gotten plenty of Scribblenauts games already, and I figured shoehorning a few DC characters in wouldn't change much.

batcavejpg-acbade.jpg

Boy, was I wrong. According to IGN, this game has EVERY DC CHARACTER. Over 2,000 of them, each with their own in-game data sheet. Apparently there's 33 different versions of Batman, 130 Green Lanterns, and promised stuff like one guy who appeared in one panel of a Flash comic in the 70s. How deep do they go?
It didn't really sink in until a colleague who was also attending the Warner Bros. preview event asked if Mogo was in the game, and a member of the development team quickly answered his question by typing in those four letters and summoning the gigantic, sentient planet created by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons in the ‘80s. Mogo immediately proceeded to kill The Joker with some sort of magic space energy.

Oh my God. And yes, adjectives are still in, so you can produce a zombie Batman.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/15/scribblenauts-unmasked-preview

Switch: 3947-4890-9293

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Kinda wish it were Marvel...

But either way, I still can't get past it being unnecessary to be its own full game. Give it to me as an expansion to Unlimited or something; when whatever puzzles they create are still going to be solved by summoning some generic whatever for it. Only this time the fifteen people with the deep knowledge of obscure DC heroes will be able to summon a muffin hero from 1964 instead of just summoning a muffin.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun and it's neat, and if it were an IP my daughter knew anything about (like Dora or Blues Clues or Disney whatever) I'd be more inclined to pick it up, since half the fun of Unlimited for me was getting her try to figure out puzzles.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Suh weet.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    So, uh, 5th Cell's special ability is populating databases. That's cool.

forumsig.png