As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hard Drive Errors

MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
Welp, after almost a year since I built this thing my secondary HDD is starting to fail. I'm getting SMART errors when I run WD's diagnostic tool. More specifically it is showing this: v9jZmcT.png

Thankfully it's still under warranty for about another month, but I'm wondering if I really need to do the whole RMA deal or is there something else I can do to fix this?

It's a WD Caviar Blue 1TB HD. Model number WD10EALX if that helps any.

BdVvFJu.jpg
hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |

• Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Re-allocated sectors are basically sectors that have failed data-verification, meaning data was read from it differently twice, or data that was written was not read back the way it is expected to. So the hdd writes them elsewhere. So, bad sectors basically. Your hard drive will compensate for it best it can but I'd recommend backing up your data and replacing the drive soon.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Coolio, I'll just go through with getting it replaced then.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |