As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Shut Up & Sit Down Season 2, Ep. 1: Let’s Play Operation Overlord

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Thursday, May 9, 2013 - Shut Up & Sit Down Season 2, Ep. 1: Let’s Play Operation Overlord!

In this episode Paul and Quinns review the board game Operation Overlord.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Oh man, if Thursdays have Paul and Quinns, PATV is going to be a weeklong pile of awesome.

Spiffy McBang on
  • Options
    BropocalypseBropocalypse Registered User regular
    The part with "I'm a member of the Nazi party and I like-" was amusing.

• Options
    RottonappleRottonapple Registered User regular
    women with British accents, do they come with the game too?

• Options
    Cap'n ShovelsCap'n Shovels Registered User regular
    How did you guys manage to get through that game without calling your friend Major Tom? Honestly.

Please do not violate our signature rules.
  • Options
    SpliveSplive Registered User regular
    Ok, this was seriously my favorite episode of this series. Literally laughing out loud at sections. Paul, Quinns, and their supporting cast of friends all showed their general sense of humor in this with the banter and joking around. The normal scripted content is definitely funny, but mixing in a more natural back-and-forth like this episode really takes it to a new level. Well done. Also the game looks awesome...but not sure I could "marshal up a force" to play it.

• Options
    Cosmonaut ZeroCosmonaut Zero Registered User new member
    If you like this, you should check out their LP of Resistance: Avalon. Hidden role games are da best for watching.

• Options
    Spiffy McBangSpiffy McBang Registered User regular
    women with British accents, do they come with the game too?

I thought they were about 14 until they were drinking at the end. I guess they could still be 14, but it's a bit less likely.

• Options
    nixternixter roughly Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    So glad to see you back on the air! Brilliant episode. Bloody Nazis.

aka Avidguru from Twitter and elsewhere

O1vSeKm.png
  • Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Good show, however a small review at the end discussing quality and fun factor would be nice! :) How many hours did it take to get through that?

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Yessss, more SU&SD over here on PA, I was worried that the content would stop being posted here.

• Options
    ottojschlosserottojschlosser Registered User regular
    This would have been much more interesting if I could understand anything they were saying when not looking at the camera. Subtitles for benighted non-Brits, please.

• Options
    PhotecPhotec Registered User new member
    Good stuff, and no subtitles needed. Even someone who doesn't have english as their main language(hi mom) can follow this easily. Good to see people having fun while they are playing :)

• Options
    PhotecPhotec Registered User new member
    Good stuff, and no subtitles needed. Even someone who doesn't have english as their main language(hi mom) can follow this easily. Good to see people having fun while they are playing :)

• Options
    DreamtankDreamtank Registered User new member
    So glad to see this show return, i love it and theres not enough good boardgame videos online. Paul and Quinns are witty and make anything fun with their commentary. This show however was long, tedious and lacked the format of the old shows. Quinns looks like hes now had too much drugs and the production value was really low. Boys remember to use tripods on more than the time lapse camera. Still look forward to more!

• Options
    DreamtankDreamtank Registered User new member
    So glad to see this show return, i love it and theres not enough good boardgame videos online. Paul and Quinns are witty and make anything fun with their commentary. This show however was long, tedious and lacked the format of the old shows. Quinns looks like hes now had too much drugs and the production value was really low. Boys remember to use tripods on more than the time lapse camera. Still look forward to more!

• Options
    ZetaStrikerZetaStriker Registered User regular
    I was also extremely happy to see this one come back. I love Tabletop, but this show has a different style and generally tackles games to large and/or complex for something like Wil Wheaton's effort. Paul and Quinn always look like they're having great fun, even when they talk about games they didn't like, and their jovial tone is infectious. Keep it up guys.