Options

Pink Vertical Line on the Center of Monitor

BruanBruan Registered User regular
Hi guys,

I have a pink vertical line running down the center of my monitor. Any way to fix, or should I just toss/exchange it?

Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" IPS LED LCD Monitor

thanks!

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
3DS: 2122-5983-8919

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2013
    If it's still in warranty (from googling, it doesn't seem like it's very old?), I would get it repaired or replaced by Dell. That is almost certainly a defective monitor if you bought it recently. In some cases I believe this might be fixable if it's just the connection on the inside of the monitor messing up (there's a ribbon cable that can sometimes get pinched), but again, if it's in warranty, no point in doing that yourself and voiding said warranty.

Caveat: I said "almost certainly." You may want to double-check that monitor with another computer because video cards can sometimes cause this problem as well... but I can almost guarantee you it's the monitor, from past experience with faulty LCDs. First it's one line, which isn't a huge deal... then it's two... then it's five... then it's twenty... then the entire thing is basically lines now and you can't see anything.

Essee on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    I have a 2409 with a similar problem. I'm well out of warranty and it is definitely the panel (tried multiple cables over multiple interfaces) so I just have to suck it up. If you're in warranty, get it exchanged.

• Options
    BruanBruan Registered User regular
    you guys are boss!

So here's an update:
    I purchased this thing July 2012. Apparently Dell doesn't issue service tags to monitors under 27 inches, so I googled a dell tech support, called them via Skype.

I read her the serial number, they verified and said that the warranty was for 3 YEARS! So then, I told her i was in South Korea, but struggled to explain to her how APO addresses work (I think the tech support lady was in India), but she finally agreed and took my address down.

Hopefully this works.

Playstation: Anthai (Destiny)
    WiiU: jooncole (Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate)
    3DS: 2122-5983-8919