As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Art of Lindsay C. Walker

PuggdoggPuggdogg Illustrator/Comic ArtistMelbourneRegistered User regular
Hi art lovers. My name is Lindsay C. Walker. I'm an illustrator and comic book artist from Melbourne, Australia. I'm new to this forum and wanted to start off with a thread for my art.

• Options
    PuggdoggPuggdogg Illustrator/Comic Artist MelbourneRegistered User regular
    SiniStarTrek01.jpg

• Options
    SiniStarTrek02.jpg

• Options
    SiniStarTrek03.jpg

• Options
    Phantom1000px.jpg

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey Lindsay! You can post multiple imaged in one post, no need to make separate posts. Welcome to the forums!

What are you using for your work? Painter? Photoshop? The trekkies seem to lack a few nice sharp edges to make them feel finished. Everything feels smudgy and made of the same material, it would be really easy to refine some edges on the faces to make them feel more solid.

• Options
    McDMcD Registered User regular
    Agree with Iruka on the Trek paintings, but I really like that Phantom piece! Personally, I'd love to see some more of that stuff!

• Options
    Thanks for the advice Iruka andMcD. For the Trek illustrations I mostly used Painter with some Photoshop for adjustments. I purposefully made parts of them a little softer because I was looking at Basil Gogos for inspiration. But that said, there are sections I really wanted cleaned up but my computer wasn't keeping up with my brush strokes. It got frustrating at times, but I had to stop eventually. The bit that bugs me the most is Dracula's sleeve.

For the Phantom illustration I used Manga Studio for the inking and Photoshop for he colouring. I really love drawing the Phantom. He's my favourite super-hero. The only thing that bugs me a little is I think the Phantom is aiming up too high.

• Options
    First off is this video of a Minotaur I recently illustrated. youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-mkgj-RFQ

• Options
    First off is a video of a Minotaur I illustrated. youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-mkgj-RFQ

• Options
    First off is this video of a Minotaur I recently illustrated. youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-mkgj-RFQ