As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Hard Drive is Now a Slave Drive, What can I Delete From It?

Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
I just built up a new computer and I took my old computer's hard drive out and turned it into a slave drive. Since it used to be a master drive, it has the old computer's program files (which most of them I've moved to the new Master), my old documents, ect. I want to clean out some of the now useless files (like the stuff that ran Windows XP) but I'm worried about erasing something that could be important to the computer reading whats on there. Also, how to I find my Minecraft file on the old drive? All my other methods send me to the new computer's appdata folder.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Not sure about the rest, but as far as the Minecraft save goes, it's probably in the appdata folder on the old drive, probably located somewhere like this: <your old drive letter>\Users\<your old Windows username>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft

• Options
    ThunderSaidThunderSaid Registered User regular
    There is no file or folder that you can delete from the drive that will suddenly make it unreadable. Also, since you're not booting from that drive, you can basically delete anything you want to from it without affecting the operation of the computer.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    In fact, you should probably take the most important files from it (documents, etc.) and just format it and use it as data storage.
    If you had your OS installed on it, there are some folders you will not be able to delete manually.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah, it used to be the only drive I had on a computer that ran XP. I'm moving everything now. Another question, after using the search thing to find a folder, how do you go up a folder without it sending you back to the search list again on Windows 7? I'm way behind the times but I thought I knew all this.

• Options
    ThunderSaidThunderSaid Registered User regular
    Microsoft removed the "Go up a folder" button in Windows 7 (it might not have been in Vista either, I can't remember). I have no idea why, because I thought it was super useful.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    It does have the next couple levels up visible and clickable in the address bar, you can click upwards with them.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    They also put it back in for Win 8, because really.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies