As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Roommate issues

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Heres the situation. I just moved into a new apartment with 3 buddies. 2 of the guys already lived in the apartment and me and my best friend from home moved in. I knew the guys before we moved in, and we needed a 4th so I just asked my buddy and he in.

We all get along pretty well but the issue is this guy that always comes around the apartment. He's friends with the original 2 guys, and is generally a nice guy. He's a little quiet and a little weird, but thats fine. He's just ALWAYS there, even when his friends are in their rooms. He's just in the main room watching TV. I was watching a movie with a girl and he came in and just sat down. I didn't want to be a dick, but my buddy is starting to get more pissed than me.

The question I have is what should I do about this? Do I talk to the roomies first and ask them to ask the guy not to come back? Or should I talk to the guy himself? Any advice would be helpful.

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Talk to the first two roommates, or talk to the random guy.

Either way, regardless of who was there first this is your living space too now. Just be direct about how you feel, and be willing to compromise on what you will and will not put up with.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    TheungryTheungry Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I agree with Sentry. Be direct. Do not wait for the next time it happens. Ask your roommates to talk about it. Don't bitch about it. Just state simply what bugs you, what your ideal would be, and then hash it out, and don't leave without an agreement about who will talk to the random space invader.

I have been in this situation before and I can tell you that the wrong thing to do is wait until its driving you (or your buddy) nuts and then go to the person who is closest to the space invader and try to make it their responsibility.

Theungry on
    Unfortunately, western cultures frown upon arranged marriages, so the vast majority of people have to take risks in order to get into relationships.
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    just talk to the guy, dude, if you're watching another movie with a girl, get his attention behind her back with a hand motion and just silently do a thumb "over there/dude leave" move, then an eyes-open-head gesture to the girl, then when he gets up, do a thumbs up and mouth "thanks".

I'm not saying he's going to do it, but everyone can understand the situation shoud it arise again

Raneados on