As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX '06 DVD

AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
I'm sure this has been addressed before, but why has the 2006 DVD never been released? Is it because of some legal issues? Or did something happen to all the footage? Even just the '06 panel footage would be awesome...

For that matter, will there be a 2007 PAX DVD release?

Avenrosh on

• Options
    HolyHesusHolyHesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Tycho explained that they just lost the footage.

Yep, thats it.

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    LallafaLallafa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i herd...something happened to the footage.

Lallafa on
    *Something AWESOME*
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    did you herd some sheep?

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The pure awesome of PAX ignited the film in a blaze of glory. This year they used stronger film.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Curses! That's a big letdown. Here's hoping the '07 footage is safe.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i herd u liek mudkips.

Lallafa on
    *Something AWESOME*
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Avenrosh wrote: »
    Curses! That's a big letdown. Here's hoping the '07 footage is safe.

Definately. I haven't gotten any of the previous DVDs, but that Freezepop and Coulton performances are going to force my hand.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i herd u liek mudkips.

:( so..

HolyHesus on
  • Options
    xxhennersxxxxhennersxx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the ball during the concerts fucked up the camera. and really, the concerts are the high point of the DVD.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    titanmatrixtitanmatrix Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    acording to tycho, they have someone else handling 07, so it should be good to go.
    and i heard everything but minibosses got covered concert wise( they ran out of tape that night)

titanmatrix on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    the ball during the concerts fucked up the camera. and really, the concerts are the high point of the DVD.

Um...it seemed more like the camera fucked up the camera during the concerts.

Wasn't very secure and vibrated like hell during any sort of bass.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Legacy wrote: »

well if that's the case it wouldn't help that a yoga ball thrown into the audience slammed right into it would it?

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    HolyHesus wrote: »
    :( so..
    Well I quite like them, too. Not bashing, or anything. :P

Lallafa on
    *Something AWESOME*
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'd much rather have a DVD set for all the panels I kept missing. But yeah, the feed was shaking a lot during the concerts... I thought it was just because they had the bass jacked up really high. Which was awesome.

Avenrosh on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

well if that's the case it wouldn't help that a yoga ball thrown into the audience slammed right into it would it?

I didn't see any yoga balls around during the concerts, just the plastic little globes. And I only saw those hit the camera once or twice. No 'slamming' occurred that I saw.

Maybe it was Sat night?

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I didn't see any yoga balls around during the concerts, just the plastic little globes. And I only saw those hit the camera once or twice. No 'slamming' occurred that I saw.

Maybe it was Sat night?

I'm talking in 06. It was seriously a big ass yoga ball.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think he is talking about THE ball.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nephirij wrote: »
    I think he is talking about THE ball.

No dude. It was a big fucking yoga ball. Saturday 06.

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wasn't at the concerts in '06 and we had already gotten off the topic of '06 after the first three to four posts. You're confusing yourself and us all.

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wasn't at the concerts in '06 and we had already gotten off the topic of '06 after the first three to four posts. You're confusing yourself and us all.

I was ALWAYS talking about the 06 concerts. I thought you were too. When you mentioned the camera seemed shakey, I was under the assumption you were talking about the 06 concert. Since that's what this topic is about

xxhennersxx on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I was ALWAYS talking about the 06 concerts. I thought you were too. When you mentioned the camera seemed shakey, I was under the assumption you were talking about the 06 concert. Since that's what this topic is about

You didn't really specify, and the last two people that posted before you were posting about how they hoped the '07 footage was fine and that they wanted to see the concerts from this year. Combined with the fact that there's no '06 DVD to go back to to see if there was a shakey cam for those who weren't there, there's not really any way to have known you were still talking about '06. Sorry for the confusion.

Legacy on
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The camera did look shaky at the concerts and I'm pissed that the minibosses will have 80% of their performance not on the DVD :( They were the band I wanted to see most, and while I'm super glad that I got to see them live, I was hoping to have it on the DVD as well.

Oh well =/

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    Okay this is like the 10 billionth thread for this DVD. I'm locking it and I don't want to see it ever again. If you want to talk about the upcoming 07 DVD, make a thread for it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.