As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cheap Inscribed Ring?

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to buy a cheap inscribed ring. A simple one - something that would look like a wedding band basically.
Something totally fake(IE not silver or gold) - we're talking 20-50 bucks here.

Now I've gotten something like this at Target before for like 5 bucks.. but I want it inscribed.
I didn't think it would be that hard to find. I remember when I thought of getting an inscribed zippo I googled it and had one ordered in like 5 minutes for like 20 bucks.

But.. I honestly can't find anything. If not, anyone know if a lot of stores can do this?

Mmmm... Cocks... on

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've never actually HAD anything inscribed, but I would think that you could get it done at a place where you get new keys cut. Although possibly they wouldn't do rings, which I imagine could be rather difficult. Otherwise you might try a trophy shop, and if that fails a jeweller would most definitely do it. It might not be cheap to get done mind you, particularly if your inscription is a very flowing sort of script.

Also I'm not sure if the metal your ring is made out of will affect the difficulty of being inscribed upon.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    inertinert Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    there used to be one of these places in a mall where i live:

www.thingsremembered.com

you can see if there's one near you or maybe they have something cheap you can get online.

engraving is pretty much what they do... hope that helps

inert on
    Hell hath no limits, nor is restricted itself to one place; for where we are is Hell, And where Hell is, there must we ever be. ~ Marlowe
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Find an engraving shop. Alot of malls have those crappy booths in the middle of them, and often times one will engrave.
    Most jewlrey shops won't engrave anything unless they sell it. It protects their ass incase they ruin it.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hm, sounds good gents. Then this means a trip to the mall Batman!

Edit: Mmm and that things remembered site is quite delicious to.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'd hate to bump this, and double post but I did indeed find what I was looking for.

If this ever came up again I'd hate for people to think we never found anything.

This site has tons of cheap inscribe-able bands for 25-50 bucks - http://www.limogesjewelry.com

Mmmm... Cocks... on