As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Getting notifications about Mod's in threads

So in an effort not to have thousands of notifications about threads, I've toned my notifications down so that I should only get them when I'm mentioned, people post in my threads, or when I get a PM.

However...
kmynKLS.png?1
It looks like several times today, I've been getting these things about Mods posting in threads.YnxhmQw.png
#1 When I click these notifications, I can't access the thread comment, either saying I don't have permission or there's no comment

#2 When I scan the thread for those approximate times, there's rarely a post by a mod.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    This is a known bug/issue. What's happening is that you've been reported and we're talking in the report thread. It doesn't necessarily mean anything bad, if you're getting a lot of notifications and no infractions we're probably talking about soup. Any rumours that we've ever deliberately hung out in a thread to annoy particular obnoxious users cannot be proven.

@icyliquid might get a chance to have a look at it at some point

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited August 2013
    Ixnay on the oupsay!

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    So threads have their own threads?

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2013
    All of our threads shop in only the finest fashion districts.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    0UyvD6D.png

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Just to be different, sometimes we discuss the reporter rather than the reported. The reporter will never even get the notifications to know we all think he's a jerk.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Honestly if it goes on for more than three posts we're probably ripping on the reporter

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I can't tell if I should be happy you ripped someone who reported me or scared there's all these secret conversations about me. Lurking forever.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    How about pleased that we all liked the movie we saw last week?

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Tube wrote: »
    Honestly if it goes on for more than three posts we're probably ripping on the reporter
    Or being mean about grandmas.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Sounds to me like this should be a feature and not a bug.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.