Options

Raising cash for kids with arthritis

spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
Hey SE++ dudes, some of you may not recognize who I am (for those of you who I have met: highfives!) but I want to tell you about a thing I’m involved in that’s really great. Hopefully, by the end of this post, I may even persuade you to donate some of your hard earned real-life bux to this nefarious charitable cause.

So the story goes like this...

Two years ago I started participating in a cycling tour known as the California Coast Classic, which is a benefit ride to raise money and awareness for arthritis. Throughout the summer I would train and ride ridiculous amounts of miles each weekend in order to prepare for the 8 day event of riding the CA coastline from San Francisco to Los Angeles (525 miles!). This year I’m doing it again. The ride itself will take place from 28 Sep - 05 Oct.

It’s perhaps one of those most challenging things I’ve participated in, not only because of the amount of dedication needed to accomplish the training, but also because in order to even ride in the final event, each participant is required to raise a minimum of $3000 USD in donations. Money raised for this event goes directly to the Arthritis Foundation, who then distributes it for things like research (pretty cool), paying off hospital bills for kids with severe arthritis (very cool), and sponsoring affected kids to go to summer camps and have awesome times (extremely cool)!

This is where I ask for your help: if you are able to donate any sort of amount I would love to have your support! I can’t promise anything in return, but maybe I can arrange a donor gift where you get some sort of hastily drawn Fleshreaper or Merch pic of mediocre quality.

Interested in helping or finding out more? You can visit my admittedly sparse donor page and donate through there (added bonus: you get to see a goofy-ass picture of me in my cycling jersey). Check it out here: http://afcabikeclassic.kintera.org/crockford

If you'd rather donate through some other method than the site, like a check, (what the hell are you, some kind of Luddite?) let me know and we can set up an arrangement for that.

For some of you that I know personally who have donated in the past, you guys are super badass and I really appreciate you reaching out. Don't feel obligated to donate again, but if you're able to kick in one more time I would love your support.

Don’t forget that this is indeed tax deductible; especially important if you have huge piles of cash laying around that is just waiting to be taxed by Uncle Sam next spring. Help yourself and help me by getting rid of it and donating!

P.S. Look at all this shit I have to carry on the trip!
JSMvkog.jpg

P.P.S. Tube: I apologize if this is something that needed your approval first, I sent you a PM about it and never heard anything back...no response constitutes concurrence right?! But seriously, if you have any issues here let me know.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    This seems like a cool thing you are doing, and I hope it goes well.

Hopefully a mod/admin can see this thread and approve it.

@tube @bogey @knob

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    a lot of the mods are away at PAX so it's unlikely they'll see this thread until they return

that said, this is pretty awesome! all the best!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER