As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yesturday 9/2/13 at Pax West Shooters and Shooters:

Sir-diealotSir-diealot Registered User new member
edited September 2013 in PAX West
There was a lecture I guess you would call it Shooters and Shooters: Exploring the Connection between Video Games and Mass Shootings I missed this and wanted to know if there was a video of it anywhere because I am both a gamer and a firearms owner so they are both subjects close to my heart. This is the info I have on it. "Shooters and Shooters: Exploring the Connection between Video Games and Mass Shootings

Newtown. Columbine. Virginia Tech. Video games get blamed. Always a hot topic, join Penny Arcade Report’s Ben Kuchera, and Dr. Tyler Black, Medical Director of the CAPE Unit at BC Children’s Hospital, as they explore the psychiatric and scientific controversy of the link between video games and violence. See the latest research, marvel at the stupid talking heads, and gain some important information so you can educate your friends and family.
Panelists:

Dr. Tyler R. Black [Medical Director, CAPE Unit, BC Children’s Hospital], Ben Kuchera [Managing Editor, Penny Arcade Report], Ryan Black [Partner, Technology and IT Group, McMillan LLP]

Thank you for any help given.

zerzhul on

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As a responsible gun owner and a gamer I thought it best avoided. It seems that there is a deep divide between most gamers and gun owners, both blaming each other for gun violence. I think that both sides are so far apart and so far from the truth that I just don't engage the argument anymore.

• Options
    Sir-diealotSir-diealot Registered User new member
    It is funny, most gamers I personally know are also gun owners. I don't believe we are as far apart as the media wants us to believe. The media is run by people with an agenda and they want it to seem like we are at each others throats when the truth is we are not. My understanding of this event is that it showed that there is no correlation to gaming and violence.

My generation grew up with cartoons that were full of violence, what we watch or play is not what the problems are.