As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old Horror Comics

FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
Hi,

I need to apologize in advance for bringing up such a mundane topic, I have done a little research, but didn’t get any good results. When I was a kid, a long time ago, I used to read comics, and I remember three stories in particular that called my attention, not only the storyline, but the artwork, very clear hand drawings with lot of small detals and vivid colors that seemed to be oil painted.

The first story was about a guy who had fallen in love with a beautiful woman, but his close friend made the move and married her, he resented his friend for doing this, so he invited him to a hunting trip, and carried with him a huge rifle, it was snowing, he proceeds to murder his friend hiting him in the head with the weapon, placed him under a tree to simulate an accident, and shoots in the air to cause the snow on the tree to bury him. He comes back to his wife and let her know that he got lost in the snow, he searched for her husband, but could not find him. several months later the body is found, a skeleton, and the authorities conclude that he died after being hit in the head by a falling branch. Sometime later the murderer marries the widow, but the ghost of his friend appears to him everywhere he goes, just looking at him.

The second story is related to a messenger ( a ghost?) that warns people of the sins they commit, but people normally ignores him and are doomed, in this particular case he warns a woman that found a lot of gold in the jungle to abandon it and repent, that way she would save herself, but she wants to be rich, she dies after trying to carry as much gold as possible, and one of the gold bars is found sometime later by a little aboriginal boy, his father tells him to leave it behind, it is useless he says and tells him: you can’t it the damn thing!

The third story starts with some kind of mutant that finds in the jungle a space ship, suddenly an alien carrying a weapon confronts him and shoots a beam that disintegrates his arm, but he has the power to regenerate, so a big fight ensued, they end up becoming friends, and at some point the aliens says goodbye, tries to fly back to space, but the ship malfunctions and crashes on the ground causing a huge explosion killing him. The mutant walks away.

Basically this is what I can remember, I have no idea what is the name of these comics. Does anybody know?, I wish I could find them online.

Thanks for reading,

Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!

• Options
    ThundyrkatzThundyrkatz Registered User regular
    The first thing that came to mind was perhaps Heavy Metal magazine. They typically had different stories in the magazine, by different artists and the art was usually very good. Also, this sounds like the sort of stories they usually ran. Unfortunately, if that's true.. then it may be quite difficult to locate the issue.

• Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    Thanks for the information Thundyrkatz, I took a look at the artwork, and I almost certain this is not what I'm looking for. I discovered that one of the Comics was called "El Mensajero de Ultratumba", most of these comics were just imported from the United States and distributed by a Mexican editorial house to Latin America.

Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!