As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DB007: Drive Another Day: From Nevada with Love: Etc. [Desert Bus for Hope]

ElaroElaro ApologeticRegistered User regular
edited November 2013 in Social Entropy++
Desert Bus for Hope has come again, in its seventh edition! So it's James Bond themed.

For those not in the know, Desert Bus For Hope 7: The Man with the Golden Bus is a video game telethon, featuring the most boring game ever: Desert Bus. Here, let Graham Stark, one of the organizers, explain it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq5zv3I9hxQ

Here are the silent auction lots.

Here are the live auction lots.

If you don't have any money, or you're planning on donating for challenges, there are giveaways! Generally given to the winners of special contests open to the viewers, like drawing or story contest, or sometimes they raffle away prizes to people who donate a certain multiples of a specific sum.

So, do you participate? What is your chat name? What is your preferred challenge genre?

Highlights of DB007:Moonbaser so far:

Auctioned off the DuckTales Remastered Lunch Box with special gold cartridge of the original Duck Tales: Sold for 3.5K$, after the winning bidder outbid himself twice (what's known as a Space Bid).
10893833783_41671433fc.jpg
Life is Like a Hurricane by desertbusforhope, on Flickr

Skeletor singing Wrecking Ball
10891672223_c3215e99c9.jpg
Skeletor is like a Wrecking Ball by desertbusforhope, on Flickr

Andy doing Papers, Please improv featuring the Creepy Doll
10891672733_12310da1f7.jpg
Comrade CreepyDoll by desertbusforhope, on Flickr

Children's rights are human rights.
Elaro on

• Options
    lordlundarlordlundar Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Parody song "Bus Stop" made for DBFH. Awesome song!

lordlundar on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I haven't tuned in this year yet but Desert Busin' is always a good time

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Let's not forget the flying Nintendo sign.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Amazed that they havn't crashed the bus yet, but the chat server is making up for it by dying horribly.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Yeah, I know! They were working on it, though.

(What's your chat name?)

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    yo @MikeLL, rad poster

Preview.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    lordlundarlordlundar Registered User regular
    That poster is getting more epic every time I see it.

• Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    lack of sleep for the children.

I downloaded the Speech Jammer app to try it for myself and could not handle it. Kept cracking up laughing trying to read an instruction manual.

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Jamie and PRD were on desertbus today :) They've hit 200k!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    that R2 dress is kind of amazing and adorable

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    This sucks. I hate that I can't watch due to my internet being out. Only way I can be on the internet is because I've got my phone personal hotspotting for my laptop, and if I tried to watch DB I'd blow through my data plan.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Do you know they have an Iphone app? :wiggles:

EDIT: Does anyone know when the crew sung "The Real Folk Blues"? I challenged them but I didn't get to see it yet. I asked the Video Strike Team, and they asked for the time.

Elaro on
  • Options
    Mike, I hope you're saving copies of each iteration of that piece, I'd love to see a gif collecting all the additions over time

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
  • Options
    sweeeeeet

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    So Notch just bid $2k in a live auction on a silica gel pouch QWOPtion.

Wait, no, he just space-bid himself for $10k when they tossed in a scarf to wrap the gel in.

And IRC exploded.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    aaaand they cracked $500k

• Options
    What did the fox say?

$500K!

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Mike, I hope you're saving copies of each iteration of that piece, I'd love to see a gif collecting all the additions over time

@miscellaneousinsanity The evolution .gif is up! https://desertbus.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/posterevolution.gif

500k is amazing, kudos @GrahamLRR

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular

@miscellaneousinsanity The evolution .gif is up! https://desertbus.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/posterevolution.gif

500k is amazing, kudos @GrahamLRR

I feel like the only way to properly watch that gif is to listen to the Liberty Bell March at the same time for Monty Python related purposes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov1kjVvYpWk

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    https://www.humblebundle.com/ just added Desert Bus to the list of games you receive when you pay more than the average! A little late to join in this year, but figured I'd mention it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Oh man there is a thread on here for DB. Hey guys, I was kind of ignoring place this while DesertBus was on. Anyway, it was a great time.