Options

Need a cheap HDMI receiver uberstat

DrezDrez Registered User regular
So, I'm trying to set up the following and keep them all connected simultaneously so I can play 7 games/movies at the same time:

- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- Wii U
- Apple TV
- Cable box

My HDTV can play

My only requirements:

- Many HDMI inputs
- Headphone capable (won't be using speakers)
- Cheapish
- Amazon Prime-able (preferably)

Now, the cable box can be routed through my XB1 so I guess I only need 4 HDMI inputs. 5 would be better.

Any suggestions? Amazon is preferred but doesn't have to be.

Thanks!

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar

• Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Price? More than 4 HDMI inputs tends to take you out of the $200-300 range for well known brands. I have a Denon E300 I got for $280 on sale though I would've been fine with the E200 for $200 (I needed it that day and store didn't stock the cheaper one). You'd need an HDMI switch to expand it to more than 4 HDMI inputs though.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    8 port HDMI switcher - http://www.amazon.com/AVIOR-8-Port-Switch-Support-GHSW8181/dp/B005S0YNNM/
    HDMI to HDMI + Audio - http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Premium-Audio-Extractor-Converter/dp/B00AHS8LD8/
    RCA to 3.5mm female - http://www.amazon.com/30S1-01260-Stereo-Female-Y-Cable-Connector/dp/B000I23TTE/

Wire everything to the switcher, on the switcher out use the HDMI to HDMI + audio, then plug the adapter into the two RCA ports, then plug in your speakers.

I am unsure of how this will affect quality or if the sound/video will be out of sync.

You could just plug the HDMI right into your TV instead of using the audio pieces, but I guess there's a noise issue you're trying to solve?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Also, apparently that HDMI switcher comes with an IR remote. So, icing on the cake.

Edit: and yeah, anything over 4 is going to be in the $200 range.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    bowen wrote: »
    Also, apparently that HDMI switcher comes with an IR remote. So, icing on the cake.

Edit: and yeah, anything over 4 is going to be in the $200 range.

I currently have a 4 port switcher and I have too much noise. Consoles will randomly "fuzz out" so to speak, while I'm actively using them. :/

Drez on
  • Options
    Yeah that sounds like a cheap switcher problem. I had the same issue on a cheap 5.1 audio/video system. The video would actually wash out and blur, and the sound would just buzz.

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    If you aren't going to be using speakers then just get an HDMI switch. I personally have a Kinivo for my bedroom TV and I have not had any noise issues. You can also find HDMI switches with headphone jacks if your tv does not have one.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    So, I actually have a Kinivo and it just doesn't work properly. Do I need to keep it far from the electronics?

• Options
    RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    There's always a chance that you got a defective one if it doesn't work correctly so I'd try exchanging it.

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Options
    I bought it a long time ago and wrote it off. It's the Kinovo 501BN.

I'll try it again tonight.

• Options
    Defective or it's dying.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I don't mean to necropost. I just thought I'd give anyone curious an update:

I ended up buying a new Kinivo 501BN - received it yesterday. Works like a charm. I couldn't even find my old one, but I guess it was defective. I should have returned it at the time.

Ah well, thanks for all the help!

I'm going to look into those audio solutions people suggested as well. Thanks!

Drez on