As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Superbowl], The Greatest Event in World History.

NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
Here is a quick guide to American Football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE7qVAtNwQk

So there you have it. The quick rules to a game so intense it is played 6 to 10 seconds at a time. The playoffs are done with, and only two teams are left standing to fight to the death win this year's Lombardi Trophy.

The Seattle Seahawks and the Denver Broncos.

Seattle is a young superbowl team, this will be the second time they've been to the superbowl in their history, but they've played pretty good this season. Even with the other team making just that many more mistakes than them in the playoffs.
Seattle's fandom is a beast to reckon with all it's own. Home games are played in the cold and rain, and these people will achieve 105dB screaming levels, with 120db peaks, that will last THE.ENTIRE.GAME.

The Broncos have been to the superbowl a few times. They have experience in this most hallowed arena. However, they had quite a few injuries sustained to some key players in their Conference Championship against the Patriots. We will have to see if they are healed within the next week. Another key fact for them, is that they live 1mile up. Breathing is fucking hard to do in Denver, and they *DONT* have a lot of air pollution compared to other cities.

These are both outdoor teams, and they are accustomed to playing in cold and wet conditions. I have a feeling that this is going to be a good game.

I'll put this out right now. I'm a Seahawks fan, and I guess I'll let the Broncos fans post in here as well as long as we can keep the conversations civil. ;)

So let us celebrate our love for this violent sport. Regale us with your food choices (and recipes) to help satiate the demonic food lusts of your family and friends. What beverages do you hold most dear as football players crush ribs, pelvises, and skulls for your amusement? What do you think would be a good point spread to put a bet on if such a thing were being passed around the office (not that it is, but if it was)?

a4irovn5uqjp.png
Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/186377/nfl-let-s-keep-dierdorf-and-force-joe-buck-to-retire#latest ?

Or is this the thread for you fairweather fans who are only interested in football when there's crazy commercials and a championship on the line?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    oh god dammit... guess I'll start paying attention to your thread as well, Tox.

But yea, this thread is basically just for the superbowl and the spectacles that surround it. (NOT Puppy or Kitty Bowl!!) I will burn down my own thread if that stuff is linked.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    frankly I think a separate superbowl thread requires puppy bowl discussion

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Wings, finger sandwiches, spring rolls, pizza, and a New Castle mini keg. That will be my Sunday.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    frankly I think a separate superbowl thread requires puppy bowl discussion

puppy bowl has fantasy leagues this year.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    I propose the thread title be changed to "[The Puppy Bowl] The Greatest Event in World History."

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I need a Hate button for all you horrible people...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The best thing about The Puppy Bowl is how mad some football fans get about it.

Wait.

No.

It's the puppies.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    people get mad at the puppy bowl?

what kind of soulless fun-hating douche gets mad at puppybowl?

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    oh man are we talking about the puppy bowl in here

puppy bowl owns

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah NotoriusBEN thanks for making a puppy bowl thread this is the best.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I think puppies are great

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    my favorite part of puppy bowl might be the incredibly ham-handed sponsorship bits with the ref eating breath mints or using a vacuum or whatever

This discussion has been closed.