As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

X-com Enemy Within Low Frame Rate

KleinKlein Registered User regular
edited June 2014 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, so I bought the enemy within during the sale, and it is not running correctly. The frame rate is very slow and it is stutters, even on low settings. This is very aggravating since Enemy Unknown ran perfectly, max settings, great frame rate.

Any solutions? From my Google-fu, this appears to be a fairly common problem, and fixes have been found for Nvidia cards, but I have not found anything for AMD and Radeon cards. Anyone know how to fix this?

I am on PC and like I said, Enemy Unknown ran perfectly, the expansion should run similar. Right now it is unplayable. I can't believe after a year this problem has not been resolved.

Specs are:
Windows 8
4gb Ram
AMD quad processors A8-4500M
Radeon 7640G with 7670M. They both run SLI and I cannot disable the integrated card.

Klein on

• Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    Hmm, back in the day "Omega" drivers were some of the best. Essentially third party video card drivers. Perhaps give those a shot?

• Options
    bsabsa Registered User new member
    +1 right here. I bought the game during the sale, and it's unplayable in the same way. My machine is quite different to yours:
    Intel Core i7-2760QM
    16 gb RAM
    GeForce GTX 580M

My machine also runs Enemy Unknown perfectly with everything set to high, but Enemy Within is totally unplayable.

Did you find a solution? I've written to Firaxis tech support. We'll see what they say.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I've found fixes for every issue I've had with steam games on the steam forums. There's some smart people who post a ton on those boards (not that there aren't here!) so that would be a good place to search, as well.