As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spam lockout message

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
I'm running a phalla game and part of it involves sending the players PMs with their role info. I was doing so today and got a message saying I had sent 5 messages in 60 seconds and was locked out for 300 seconds. This is a bummer, but I can understand that you want to keep dummy accounts from flooding people's mailboxes.

The problem comes after the countdown is up. I seem to be able to get another 2 PMs sent out and then the third brings me to a blank PM window with the intended person, and trying to re-send it I get the lockout message. So it seems to be getting down to the fact that it's not even locking me out after 5 attempts anymore. It's more like 2.

Is this something that's working as intended, or am I getting some sort of weird bug?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    It might be a bit of a filter- you know, if you dump a bunch of messages, it blocks you, and then if it detects another flood of messages, it locks you out again?

To be honest, if this is a design feature, I'd have to say it's one that phalla will just have to work around. I mean, it beats getting bombed with gold spam, right?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yeah i totally agree. I just wanted to make it known in case it wasn't a thing but was instead some really strange fluke.