Options

catch me up on WoW! (and maybe LotRO)

DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
so after BC came out, I got to 70, grinded some of the 5 mans, did a little Kara and almost beat Gruul (this was before the major nerf that took them too long to do). I haven't seen anything after that - serpentshrine and whatever else. I guess the black temple is out now and already cleared? how long did that take?

gimme some highlights from the game post-gruul. what cool new things have been released, what boss encounters are the most fun, how far in progression most casual raiding guilds are, how hard the black temple is... I stopped playing because of A) terrible guild drama and B) I was sick of devoting my life to the game like you have to do in a hardcore guild... but I'm curious to see what I've missed out on and such. I'm sure the short answer is 'more gear'. =p

I liked the game but was never in a guild that felt like home. I almost want to go back and see if there's any guilds that do things like run MC and BWL and Naxx just for fun rather than gear... there were so many encounters that were so much fun, but I couldn't enjoy them because of raid leaders screaming at us and being threatened to be kicked from the raid/guild for not bringing enough consumables...

I'm also curious what's going on in LotRO. When I quit WoW, I picked that up, got to max level, and soon found out that there wasn't much to do in the endgame, so I quit shortly after... is the endgame still pretty barren? did a lot of players quit or is it holding steady?

DiscoZombie on

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    this is kind of freaky, i just was having the same thoughts and went and looked at my old WOW guild forums...

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They eliminated all the attunement requirements for SSC and The Eye, so most guilds headed straight into them as Lurker (SSC) and Voidreaver (Eye) are both about on par with Magtheridon, gear wise anyway.

They announced the expansion which rumors have placed coming out sometime between January 08 (unlikely) and January 09 (much more likely). That increases the level cap to 80 and adds a ton of stuff, most namely Northrend.

Arenas are full swing, season 3 is coming up. They recently (yesterday) implemented an anti-AFK reporting system to BGs to end the fact that most AVs are 35 active allies vs. 15 active horde and the rest AFK. Now, again this was only last night, Horde (on my server anyway) were reporting that they were unstoppably winning every match.

My recommendation to you? Don't come back. WoW is a waste of time. You got out, which is the first step to recovery. Don't relapse...

...I wish I hadn't... :|

jotate on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    haha, thanks for the updates :) yeah, news of the next expansion had me curious too... especially the hero class, which I'm sure everyone and their mom is going to roll...

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    whats fun? kael, vashj, i liked raiding in general. But truthfully if you didnt enjoy it before you wont enjoy it now. There really isnt anything thats shockingly amazing since the expansion.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The most enjoyable part, I've found lately, are the *huge* story lines that follow the quest lines. The Ashtongue stuff to get attuned for Hyjal and BT is what I'm in the middle of right now. There's a good 5 minute audible dialogue and event that goes down after you turn in the quest from the guy after FL Karathress. I turned it up and watched the whole thing. I've found paying more attention to that helps break the monotony of just "Raid = Gear, Therefore Raid."

jotate on