As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Paintings

ShinpugShinpug Registered User regular
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Whats crackin folks. Long time :shock: So im getting back into painting with my free time. Here are 3 recent ones I've done for a local fasion boutique. These were 24"x32" on board and acrylic, im getting back into oils tho, so ill post some stuff im currently working on.

h5small.jpg

AfterDark.jpg

Pisceam_Crime.gif

yoshicon.gif
Shinpug on

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I like 'em both.

The first one more though. It just looks like there is a little to much face to the right of the red streak. Like if you cover up the streak with your finger, it looks like her face keeps going father than it should, if that makes any sense at all.

Second one is good too, but I'm not too keen on the arrow and the boobies. The red top is too perfectly round, kinda like eggs. The fabric that drapes over them on the left doesn't reflect that it is going over any form, it just goes straight down over the boobs. Wow, that made even less sense than my first crit...

Anyways are you going to see any dough for the sales of these? Nice pieces either way.

EDIT: Didn't see the third one. Harder to crit cause it is more abstract, but that is the one I would hang in my apartment.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    :shock: , dude. It's been a while. This is way nice. I love it all. Specifically the second one. The fur linning is fantastic, excellent texture to the painting. The first is pretty slick and beautiful. The only thing I would really note on is that the eyes in both are awkwardly oval. It doesn't take anything away from the painting.

I wish I could have them.

You've got me in the mood to paint some more agian. Truly inspiring work you've got man. Keep up the excellamungo work up man. :^: :^:

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I like em', and think the oval eyes add to the character. I wouldn't have changed them.

The one thing that even slightly looks off is the first painting's subject's right (left?) arm - the one on the left side of the painting.

It seems like it should be thicker - it almost looks like you whittled it down a bit to fit the whole arm on the canvas.

It's a minor point, but that's what we're here for.

multimoog on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The first one feels like it should be on a t-shirt. Better yet, it feels like a part of one giant design; if you check out Moss' "Good faces bad hands" shirt at Threadless.com, you'll get what I mean.

But yeah man, the first one is crazy awesome.

Godfather on
  • Options
    Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Those look pretty cool, especially that heart one. I like that idea.

Don't you think black strokes don't belong into women's faces ^^'? Shading with colour would work out better in my opinion.

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Yay, awesome stuff! Where've you been??!

Cam on
  • Options
    Megamau_XMegamau_X Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    electronic insperation.

thanks shin.

these are uber dope.

Megamau_X on
    banditsig.gif
  • Options
    ShinpugShinpug Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Thanks alot for the input and suggestions guys, Im working with oils now so ill post some updates soon. My cameras busted :x Im glad they inspire Megamau ;)

Shinpug on
    yoshicon.gif
  • Options
    Otto GermainOtto Germain Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I gotta find me a chick with a gas mask.

These are pretty damn slick.

Otto Germain on