Unknown User on

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    sirlin would be proud of this comic

• Options
    ch3shirecatch3shirecat Game Designer IsraelRegistered User regular
    Which game is this about?

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I remember going prone at any sign of a fight being the thing to do in the first call of duty. I'm pretty sure prone hasn't been in that game series for a while now though.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2014
    I know prone was in CoD 4 and CoD 4: The Squeakquel.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ReplicanttenReplicantten Registered User regular
    I wonder why is the prone button harder to push than the other buttons.

Try some Double action boogaloo Gabe, you'll like it.

• Options
    exup35exup35 Registered User regular
    Ohhh dropping prone never caused as much controversy as the bunny hopper

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Which game is this about?

More than likely Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    CoDAW does, indeed, have dolphining and it's a bit worse than some iterations of the game. Quite a bit of the mp is played prone, either corner camping or drop shotting.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ch3shirecatch3shirecat Game Designer IsraelRegistered User regular
    In Israeli Defense Forces it's a very basic skill to drop prone, aim, and shoot as quickly as possibly. They even developed their technique for it. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mfz_MCrPFRQ/TYiy0gLie9I/AAAAAAAAAgg/2p8QAw-AwpI/s1600/Girl-IDF.jpg

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    In Israeli Defense Forces it's a very basic skill to drop prone, aim, and shoot as quickly as possibly. They even developed their technique for it. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-mfz_MCrPFRQ/TYiy0gLie9I/AAAAAAAAAgg/2p8QAw-AwpI/s1600/Girl-IDF.jpg
    That looks like it would be hard to keep up for an extended period of time. You'd have to have good balance.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Maybe it's some F2P game.
    "Drop to prone is a Premium user feature" sounds exactly like the kind of P2W shit you're dealing with in most of these games.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    What free to play games do you play? The big ones, at least the ones I'm familiar with (Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Dota2, Hearthstone) don't have anything like that. I'm actually not familiar with any games (especially not shooters) that DO work that way.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Ugh. This is me and shields in smash bros.

It's just too many buttons.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    What free to play games do you play? The big ones, at least the ones I'm familiar with (Team Fortress 2, League of Legends, Dota2, Hearthstone) don't have anything like that. I'm actually not familiar with any games (especially not shooters) that DO work that way.

Play some Korean F2P games sometime

Or better yet, don't ever

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Maybe it's some F2P game.
    "Drop to prone is a Premium user feature" sounds exactly like the kind of P2W shit you're dealing with in most of these games.

i think maybe you haven't played many f2p games.

• Options
    ddrussianinjaddrussianinja Registered User regular
    Slightly off-topic, but reading Gabe's post from yesterday was incredibly surreal for me because over the weekend, I also randomly decided to play "Diablo III" on the PS4 and got my girlfriend to play with me. That's just a coincidence, but what makes it extra weird was that I kept mocking Deckard Cain by saying "Diorblo", and when my gf asked me why I did that, I showed her the old PATV 4th Wall episode where Gabe and Tycho first coined "Diorblo".

Sorry for the interruption. You may continue talking about Call of Duty and dolphins.