As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WIP zombie drawing

aborioraborior Registered User new member
edited October 2006 in Artist's Corner
Hey, I'm new, but I've often lurked. I'd like this critiqued and I know many of you fine people are quite good at it.

This isn't finished yet as you can tell from the thread title; the moon still needs to have some texture, and the zombie itself is a little too bright, I need to add more shadows to it, probably in the tee-shirt area. Also, the type is only temporary, and right now remains too blurry to me. Any suggestions would be great, thank you.

my.php?image=zombiebrainskv5.jpg

EDIT: Umm, if it doesn't show up, here's a direct link: http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zombiebrainskv5.jpg

aborior on

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You need the "hotlink for forums", not the "direct link".

Here it is:

zombiebrainskv5.jpg

NightDragon on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    For starters, the anatomy of the face is off, and I honestly have no clue where to start the crit. The only thing I can think of is to find some references of skulls, or possibly some mummies.

The composition also needs work. You currently have 3 seperate objects trying to grab hold of the viewer. I didn't really get it was a moon until I read what you wrote. Giving the zombie a setting, like say a graveyard, would help tie it together more.

Really though, there isn't that much more to crit until you work on it some more and address these issues.

I'm also really tired, so I hope what i said made some kind of sense.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    paulwindpaulwind Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    his arm looks like beef jerky

paulwind on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    wakkawa wrote:
    For starters, the anatomy of the face is off, and I honestly have no clue where to start the crit. The only thing I can think of is to find some references of skulls, or possibly some mummies.

The composition also needs work. You currently have 3 seperate objects trying to grab hold of the viewer. I didn't really get it was a moon until I read what you wrote. Giving the zombie a setting, like say a graveyard, would help tie it together more.

Really though, there isn't that much more to crit until you work on it some more and address these issues.

I'm also really tired, so I hope what i said made some kind of sense.

What he said, plus the text really isn't pulling its weight. First off, it looks blurry and unattractive compared to the super sharp zombie. If you add in a graveyard setting, and make the moon more moon-like, you really wouldn't even need the text at all IMO.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    paulwind wrote:
    his arm looks like beef jerky

To be fair, most zombies faces look like beef jerky.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Mummies are beef jerky. King Tut is smokey flavored.

If that is a moon, you've got nothing to define it as such; no craters or that pale, attractive glow. It's just a sphere. I'd suggest giving it a sense of height, too. Lengthen the picture and put the moon at the top right corner.

Also, there is no background to give a nice sense of setting.

Tam on