As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME TICKETS

FatDadFatDad Registered User new member
I am a dad trying to take my 2 sons to PAX PRIME in Seattle. I have been logging onto the sight since March waiting for tickets to go on sale. Sometimes I have visited the site twice a day. I logged on yesterday as always, and as every other day it is COMING SOON. I log on today and it is SOLD OUT???? We have been to PAX in Seattle the last 2 years and the crowd is enormous. There needs to be an announcement when the tickets are going to be released to give everyone a fair chance to try to get them. I know some of you lucky ones got them (congrats), but obviously the majority went to scalpers. If a sale date and time was given. I would at least feel like I had a fair chance, and didn't waist the last 2 months logging on every day for nothing.

As a father, the first time I took my oldest son to PAX 2 years ago, I did not have any idea of what I was in for. I was overwhelmed with the the organization and how helpful and nice the staff and attendees were. If you do not go to a lot of conferences, I will tell you. This is as good as it gets. Most are run poorly and the people attending are always frustrated, making them annoyed and rude. The PAX convention should be attended, if at all possible. You can't beat the experience.

I am sure it is hard to regulate, but as great of a job as PAX does on the conference, please find a better way to distribute the opportunity to get tickets.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Obviously it won't help this year, but the best way to get tickets is to follow the official_pax account on twitter and set it up to text you whenever they post a message. It doesn't help if you're inaccessible, but at least you'll theoretically know the minute they go on sale.

The majority of tickets do not go to scalpers. The majority go to completely legitimate customers; the problem is that there are way too many people who want to go to PAX Prime.

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2015
    There is no question here.

There is a thread to talk about ticket purchases in the PAX section of the forum.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.