As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strange phone calls

glithertglithert Registered User regular
Alright so I assume this a scam but since I don't know what I'm talking about I guess it don't hurt to ask.

I've received several calls, all from the same number that according to whitepages.com belongs to a residence in the same city as me. I answered twice before I realized it was a number I didn't recognize and the answer was the same both times: A robovoice that said no one was available to take my call and to please hold. Just now, I got a call from the number and I didn't answer, they left a voicemail that was just a guy saying "May I speak to [glithert's first name]? and then just sat there waiting for about three minutes with officey-sounding chatter in the background about accounts and bills. Then I recalled I got a couple unsolicited calls and a fake text from a different number (but still local) that according to whitepages belong to a collection agency. But I'm not delinquent on any bills. I know that for a fact. So, it's a scam?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Don't answer, and/or refer all requests to be sent to you in writing via mail.

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    If you do talk to them don't give them any information at all, if it was legit they would already have all the information they need, while scammers will always try and get more out of you.

so if you do request that all future communication be in writing and they want your address/etc. don't give it to them.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms