As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Graphics card issues

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
Recently my Radeon graphics card has been acting screwey. I've had the card for more than a year now and I keep having problems with it.

Over the last 3 months I've been getting errors where the driver crashed. Just recently my card has scrambled and my computer had to restart.

My drivers are up to date, and my case has been relatively cool, I just don't know whats wrong with it.

oHw5R0V.jpg

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    When do the errors occur? All the time, or only when you're gaming?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    When I'm browsing the net. Sometimes when I'm on youtube, others happen out of nowhere when I'm browsing forums.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    It's possible that you just have a dud card. Is it still under warranty?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    I was watching Youtube and all of a sudden the screen was scrambled. That was the second this day.

Here is my graphics card.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    It has a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. I would warranty that card asap.

• Options
    QuantuxQuantux Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Would help to know the specs of the system, but here's some basics:

You say the case is cool, but is the card? Check (visually) the fans on it, make sure they are working consistently.

If you can, swap cards with something else or remove the card and use onboard video if your CPU/Mainboard supports it; see if the problem follows the card or the system.

Also make sure your power supply output is high enough to support the card. Easy way to do this is to head over to pcpartpicker.com and "build" your PC; you'll see a power requirement on the page. (Here is an example of my system, you can see my PSU is a little overkill)

Quantux on
    PSN/Steam - Quantux