As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I had to get a new one...my old one had a crack in it!

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
No, I'm not discussing my (or in the case of the quote, Peter's) backside. I am discussing the very laptop I currently speak to you on.

At the hinge on the monitor side, there is a crack that goes from the edge of the shell to the very hinge (I'd say about an inch and a half long. Is it safe to just glue it? Is there some form of special adhesive I should use?

Or...something? I don't even know.

Goose! on

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited November 2007
    What kind of laptop? Is it under warranty? I'm pretty sure there's no way to repair a crack in an LCD screen, and having a new one installed costs a pretty penny. Is it too much to just deal with until you can afford to buy a new laptop?

edit: that joke predates Family Guy by a number of years and has referenced many people's asses, not just Peter's

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CycophantCycophant Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    As long as it's just the case and nothing else, it's quite safe to repair. Assuming it was caused by an accident and not from constant abuse or wear and tear from age, the repair should be quite permanent too.

Pretty much any glue will work well, though my personal favorite of a high-strength two-part epoxy is hard to beat. Just work with small amounts of glue, and take your time, and I don't forsee any risk of you hurting the laptop. Just don't inject the glue into the crack and call it a day, that's all.

Cycophant on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007

Thread can be locked

Goose! on
This discussion has been closed.